Thursday, June 11, 2009

Some girls have all the luck

My invites are out so I feel comfortable enough to share my little secret with you.

I was ALWAYS planning on making our invites. After all, I had dreams of making them with a Gocco and even went as far as purchasing a gocco for the invites off ebay. In early December, when I had some extra money and I saw some paper items on sale that I wanted, so I went ahead and I purchased all my paper supplies to make the invites. I bought all my paper from paperandmore and I will purchase from them again because I think they have great product.

I ended up purchasing some pearlescent white cardstock already cut into 5x7 pieces at 11.00/per pack of 100 (it was normally 16.00/pack) and I got some pearlescent turquoise pocketfolds(on sale for $40/pack from $50). I also got the matching pearlescent turquoise envelopes, and the 4bar envelopes for the RSVP card in the pearlescent Azela (so pretty). I was ready to get going on my invites, but I hadn't quite decided on a design.

I knew I would purchase a design from istockphoto to adorn the invites, but I was so overwhelmed with all the choices and I was in my "I can't make a decision" phase. In december I hadn't quite developed our butterfly theme either, that came later, much later. So there I was with paper, but no design. And since I didn't have a design and I had a lot of time, I was putting off making of the invites.

and here is where my little secret comes in.

don't hate.

One day while I was perusing weddingbee while I should have been working, I came across this contest hosted by weddingbee for a bride to win 50 digitally printed invitations and RSVP's from HelloLucky!'s new digitally printed line, all you had to do was go to hellolucky!'s site and droool over their beautiful invites while secretly plotting how to get some invites from them and then leave a comment on weddingbee on which design you liked the best. And since I always enter contests and never win, I went to hellolucky!'s site fell in love with all of their pretty pretty invites (they do letterpress too). The invites were definately out of my budget, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to enter the contest because winning stuff is cool.

A few days later I got an email from "Bee Kim" saying that I had won the contest. I almost s**t my pants. Serisouly, I don't win stuff, ever.

How did I choose 1 design from their fabulous fabulous line? I'm not sure, but after browsing thier designs and then stalking their blog, I saw they were comming out with some new designs and they gave a preview of a few in their blog. I found the "one" on their blog in thier new line that hadn't come out yet. I patiently waited for the new line to arrive. Okay, who am I kidding, I didn't wait patiently at all. I think I emailed them to find out when those would be available. Since I still had a little time and they could print them in 5 days, I wasn't completely worried. However, their new designs took a little longer to arrive on their website than anticipated. But I have to say, what I got was well worth the wait.

I decided since I couldn't afford more invites (since I had already bought a gocco and all my invite paper) I would make the remaining ones. I was supposed to recieve 50 of the digitally printed invites (which are so so pretty and totally worth getting if you are looking at purchasing invites), but they ended up sending me 62 (yay for extras) and 65 of the rsvp's and since I only needed 8 more, I made the rest.

I hate to keep you in suspense but I can't show you just yet. Once I know the guest have recieved, I'll gladly share with you my labor of love (although not as labor intesive as it would have been).

No comments:

Post a Comment