Friday, December 12, 2008

Becomming Wed-sessed

As soon as we picked a venue and a date for our wedding something happened to me. I went into Major wedding mode and all I wanted to do was plan the wedding. We had over a year when we began planning so it was hard not to do everything as soon as I had an idea.


I immediately joined the Knot I heard several of my friends had. The knot is great in some ways. I love the boards and how you can ask local brides for advice on vendors and they will give you their opinions. I like the checklist which tells you basically where you are in the planning process(it has helped me to not get too ahead of myself or too far behind). BUT the knot was lacking in one very important area.... I was looking for real people, real weddings, real projects. They have the "real weddings" section but I found it annoying to search through there. Or you could look through people's Bio's, but again, it was annoying to do that. I needed a bunch of stuff in one areas. I wanted some DIY ideas and projects to look at which I couldn't find unless I looked at people's bio's, and even then, there were no instructions on how to create the project.

I knew I would be crafting some things for the wedding, and I couldn't wait. But I did want some creative ideas, and I didn't find that at the knot.

And then it happened, I stumbled across my favorite wedding site ever, Weddingbee, by accident. It was everything I wanted and needed. I stalk it quite regularly. I think the bees are great and they have fabulous ideas and it was right up my alley. I spent several hours a day reading the bees blogs, looking for cool ideas and for inspiration. If you haven't checked out weddingbee, go and check out what the bee's are up to. Make sure you have plenty of time, as you will get sucked into the fun projects and tutorials they blog about.



That is where I found out about Gocco. I saw Mrs. Cookie's blog about it first, and then Mrs. Penguin and then I was hooked. I needed a Gocco to make all things paper for our wedding! Okay, that's NOT true, I could easily make them on a printer (which I didn't have)

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I could get a Gocco.

What is a Gocco? Only the coolest little contraption ever made- okay really, if you don't know already, it is a self-contained compact color printing system invented in 1977 by Noboru Hayama. It uses special flash bulbs to thermally imprint images on a master screen which you then place gocco ink on and use to "stamp" your image onto your paper/project. It's wicked cool, and totally not as easy as it sounds.

Printer?Gocco? Printer?Gocco? hmmmmmmm, I could have gotten a printer for cheaper, but I really wanted a Gocco. So much in fact, that I began having dreams of me Gocco'ing projects.

I found out it had been discontinued but that supplies were still being made for it and sold in the US. I neded a Gocco. I kept imagining (dreaming about) all the pretty invitations and paper products I could create with my much needed Gocco. I had the lust really bad. So I decided, although it had been discontinued, the projects I could create using it would be worth the money spent on it.


I found some Gocco's selling on ebay and began bidding-- and then one glorious day, I won one.


Did you obsess over something specific that you found and thought you needed in order to make your wedding better? Have you dreamed of Gocco like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment