Monday, June 14, 2010

The wonderful world of fish

When the Man an activity center you went through if you wanted to do anything outside the resort. It was pretty cool because they set the whole thing up for you including travel. There was a fee of course but everything was charged to your room.

If you stuck to the activities offered by the Sandals Resort then you didn't actually need to bring any cash with you which we thought was pretty cool. We wish we had known ahead of time, but we know for next time.


We decided to sign up for a deep sea fishing trip and a bamboo raft trip down the Martha Brea River on Saturday and Sunday for the paid activities. Along with the paid activities there were a few free ones that Sandals offered right there on the resort. We fully took advantage of these on Friday and I wish we had done so earlier in the week.

Sandals offered a glass bottom boat tour for free. The glass bottom boat was small and you really couldn't see anything through the bottom but the captain of the trip was a riot. He made the trip hilarious. The made us wear those ugly orange life vests the whole way too. we all looked super hot.

Not satisfied with the glass bottom boat tour, we decided to try snorkeling. Snorkeling was where it was at! I hadn't snorkeled since I was a little kid in my pool, so it was my first real time doing it. Took me a little while to get used to the feel of breathing out of the tube, but it was so worth it. We went to a spot called the "cave" and although there were lots of jellyfish that kept coming near me, it was fabulous. I can't even begin to explain all of the life down there on the ocean floor. I felt like I was swimming right along with the fishes and the jellyfish. I noticed the jellyfish had a light purple design on them instead of being completely clear and I thought that made them really pretty too.

We signed up for three more snorkeling adventures later in the day because it was so cool. Each time we went out we got lucky enough to go to a different spot! The last spot we went to the "reef" was the most colorful. There were schools brightly colored fish swimming below me and along side me. It was amazing.

We had bought a cheap underwater camera and took lots of pictures but the ones that came out came out cloudy and did not capture the amazing sights we saw down there. It was quite disappointing to get the film back and not have any of the pictures portray what we had seen!

I would snorkel again and again. It's such a fun and free activity that I suggest everyone take advantage of it whenever they can!

Did you try something on your honeymoon you wish you'd tried earlier?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice post! Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Harry
    harry.roger10@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete