Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A man of many surprises

After our afternoon tryst in the pool playing Volleyball, we headed back to the room for some showering action before heading off to dinner. The Man suggested that we dress up, so I got out a dress and he put on his only dress shirt he brought, the Hawaiian one. What I didn't know was that the Man had set up a surprise dinner on the beach for us weeks ago. After we had gotten ready, the Man suggested making ourselves a drink from our fully stocked bar/fridge before heading off to dinner. Soon after we made a drink there was a knock on the door.


We were met by our server for the evening and she asked us to follow her. Of course, at this point I had begun to figure out he had a little surprise up his sleeve. We were brought to a very pretty table set up on the beach with an excellent view of the sunset.

(Photos taken by our server)

They even drew a heart in the sand and filled it with rose petals.
It was romantic.

Our server got our meal choices for the evening and took off to have them prepared. While we were waiting Sandals staff decided to take our pictures which we were then allowed to buy before leaving sandals (they charge you an arm and a leg, but then again they are there documenting your honeymoon so who wouldn't want the pictures?) Please excuse my fluffy hair, as I did not have my hair straightener and it was beyond humid there!

They had us pose and somehow I thought the pictures would come out better than they did, but then again I am not very photogenic and we did get some cute ones!



The server came back and sold us a bottle of wine which was the same exact bottle of wine they restock our fridge with in our room for FREE everyday. It was not good wine either. I was a little annoyed that they charged us for it and wished I had just gone back to the room and grabbed our bottle! But it was my fault for wanting wine, I should have known better. Other than that, the dinner on the beach was great. I won't bore you with the details but the food was delicious, the sunset was amazing and the sand flies were biting!

Yes, I said sand flies. There were no mosquito's there, but they had something worse. Sand Flies! Those things are viscous!

Anyone else encounter something different on their honeymoon?

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! How fun to have a romantic dinner on the beach...and you look so great in your photos! I can't imagine sand flies but I am a bit worried about the little buggers we may encounter on our h-moon. Though Mr Fix It insists he will bring the right kind of repellent to protect me :)

    ReplyDelete