Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Telling the Truth Hurts

Ever since the Man moved from his hometown to mine I remembered him going on and on about how he wants to go scuba diving. We talked about going in Jamaica before we even stepped on the plane. We were looking forward to it a lot. The second day we were there we went and signed up to do it the following day.

They had us fill out a questionnaire and told us to be truthful on it. The man went through and marked no's on every question, while I had one yes. One. I used to have asthma when I was a kid. It was mostly animal induced from the pet hair in the house from our cat and two dogs which I was highly allergic to. BUT since I marked a yes, they told me I couldn't go!

I was told I couldn't go unless I got a note from my doctor telling them I was physically fit enough to go. They told me I could have it faxed over. I called my doctors office to see if they could fax a note over, but they were closed for the week on Vacation.

I decided it wasn't meant to be for me for some reason and told the Man that he should still go! He was hesitant since it was our honeymoon, but I knew it was something he was dying to do and the prices were pretty good in Jamaica.

So he decided to go and he had an amazing time. He was gone for half the day, but the smile on his face afterwards was totally worth it. He told me he didn't think I would have liked it because I have slight anxiety and he thought it def would have caused an attack, so I'm glad I didn't go.
The Man had a great time, saw a lot of cool fish and would suggest it to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. aw, what a bummer that you didn't get to go. But seems like you were right to think there must have been a reason. Our honeymoon will be at a few surf spots that Mr Fix It loves to travel to. I am not a surfer at all, so I know much of our honeymoon will be spent with him surfing while I am tanning, reading and relaxing beach side on the sand or getting some spa treatments. Even though we won't be doing every single thing together, we will still both be loving our time apart...even on the honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...that really is a bummer that you couldn't you
    But you are a really good wife for saying that his smile made it worth it. I don't know if I would have been as "nice".....but here's hoping ;-)

    ReplyDelete