Friday, November 13, 2009

Vows With a View: Did someone say cake?

So I'm not sure how many or you know or not that I LOVED my cake baker. Okay, not loved so much that I wanted to marry him, but loved him in a close 2nd to that. I had a dream.... and apparently it was hard to fulfill the dream for some bakers, but I lucked out and hit the baker Jackpot.

Not only did I find a Baker that would work with my peanut/nut allergy, but I found a baker that had a cake plan that I never knew was possible, but that I jad always wanted.

I interviewed a few cake bakers before deciding who would be making our wedding c
ake. Basically, I knew before I met him that I would choose Jeremy. I had done some research online and found that Jeremy from Gambles has some pretty sweet reviews. In fact, I had pretty much bet that I would chose him just from the reviews I had read. However, I had a pretty big circumstance I was hoping he would be able to guarantee.........

When I met Jeremy I never expected him to know what kind of cake I wanted. My groom doesn't really like cake, so I brought my mama and MOH Cooper along with me. I guess I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted my cake to look like at the moment. I knew I wan
ted it to taste fantastic, but I was sort of all over the place with cakes.

I brought several pictures of cakes I was interested in with me to the meeting. Jeremy laughed at me and told me my cakes were all so different from each other that he didn't know what I wanted. I told him the important things to me were that the cake was not plain (ie: textured), that it was round, and that it had some butterfly's. Jeremy showed me a
picture of a cake that he pontially had on order from a bride and I knew right then it was the one!

I'm not going to lie, I was NOT disappointed and I LOVED my cake:



Not only was the detail impeccable, but the taste was oh so amazing. Jeremy gave me what I wanted exactly with looks and taste. what more could you ask for?

Ummm, do you see how excited I am to cut this cake:


I didn't even get to eat my cake, but I am excited about the top layer we froze (which is raspberry with white chocolate filling) for our 1 yr anniversary!

We decided not to smash the cake in each other's faces but to nicely feed each other the piece:

Somehow the Man and I ended up with a little frosting on ourselves but whatever........

at least he cleaned me off. And the guests all raved about how yummy the cake was!

Up next-dance moves?


1 comment: