Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Holas Amigas

The closer the wedding draws, the more and more I can't seem to make up my mind. The one thing I bought early was my shoes. They are hot pinky yumminess ........




(Please ignore the disgusting napkin in the background, I have no idea where that came from.)

However, ever since I bought those, I have been drooling over these babies for quite some time now
Christain Louboutin's= sooooooo not in the budget or even close to being in the budget. *sigh* aren't they pretty? Last week I even contemplated having some knock offs made and shipped to me from a knock off site. They were tons cheaper than the real deal, but did I really want to spend a few hundred on shoes someone in China made to represent the same look, but obviously wouldn't be the same quality? not. so. much.

My shoes although lusciously pink, I realized, were not that comfortable things in the world. They pushed against my foot bone and pushed against the top of my foot and hurt after awhile, and I didn't wear them for as long as I would at the wedding.... so they could potentially be problamatic. I could totally wear these for a short time, but a long 10hr day? I'm not really sure.

Hence, the shoe frenzy that began.

I searched and searched and searched... and then I found some really cute shoes.



Enter the Betsy Johnson, Amiga.









They are fun (hence the leopard soles), they are cute, they are summery(strapy sandals), they are girly (pink lace), and they have bling. Oh yeah, and the most important part, they are the same height as my first shoes so there will be no dress length drama thank the lord! And they were half off. I couldn't resit and I bought them.




I.Love.My. New. Shoes. They feel heavenly. BUT...... I don't know if they are wedding-y enough.

I Love how comfortable they are. The straps are slightly bigger than they need to be and seem to fall down and I'm wondering if I need to go down a 1/2 size in these babies. The 1/2 size smaller could potentially fix the problem.


You'll have to excuse the horrible pictures I take and the horribleness that are my unpainted toes right now and the really bad angle. Does anyone realize how hard it is to take a picture of shoes once they are on your foot? .... it's hard.

Old Shoes:





New Shoes:


Close up (Caution: scary feet ahead)


I'm not really sure how I feel about them now that I see the pictures. Maybe they aren't the one. They arne't the hot pink fuschia color I was looking for, but they certainly are cute... but are they wedding enough? I'm not so sure. Have I found my wedding shoe or should I keep looking? Should I go with the pink yumminess old shoe or the new comfortable one or something else? How many pairs did it take until you found the "one"?

No comments:

Post a Comment