Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Always, Martha Martha Martha!

I know people have their opinions about her, but seriously I think Martha Stewart is devine. I just love her amazing creativity and crafts! Naturally, when I was stumped as to what I should do for Valentine's Day this year, I turned to Martha, and she didn't dissapoint.

I was feeling uncreative and uninspired and yet I wanted something fun and cute that The Man would appreciate. I'm not really sure if my project this year is going to get that great reaction from the Man, only because I think a girl would appreciate it more(I mean, I KNOW I would like something like this, but lets be honest girls, no man would take the time to create something like this...)and I'm not really sure how it'll go over with the man simply because I'm not a guy. BUT I didn't want some comercialized candy and card, I wanted something more personal. I also didn't want to spend a ton o money buying something when we have the wedding coming up....

So this is what I came up with, or Rather, Martha come up with, and I stole(errr-borrowed) the idea.



Fortune cookies made out of felt. Yep, Cheap-o and easy. I HAD wanted to make real ones but it's hard to do with the Man sitting in the living room watching what i'm doing... and This way, he could have them forever and ever and ever....or until he throws them out.

If you want to create your own Felt Fortune Cookies you will need:

2 sheets of felt in the color of your choice

Floral wire(semi thick)

Craft glue

a spool of thin ribbon

Fabric scissors

a circle template

and Fortunes of course!

Chinese take out box

some candy

First, I grabbed a glass out of the cubbord and a pen. I traced the circular shape with the pen onto my felt. I got about 6-7 out of one sheet of felt. I wanted to use two colors so I kept on tracing. Next, I cut out my circles. I took out two of the floral wires and cut them into 6ths(really you just need the length to be somewhat smaller than the circumference of the cirle). Cut the ribbon in strips of the same length. Then I glued the floral wire lengthwise to the center of the cirlce. I immediately placed the ribbon on top of the wire and glue. After they dried for a day, I took them in my hand, stuck my pointer finger in the middle of the "cookie" and bent the cookie around my finger (this part creates the fortune cookie shape). I stuck the fortunes in there and packaged them up in my box.

I had also gotten a chinese looking take out box from AC Moore and put some hershy kisses in the bottom and then layered these babies on top.

I also made a card with minimum reading (he hates reading cards) that I think is cute and I am planning on making a nice romatic dinner tomorrow night/and or breakfast (since breakfast is his fave meal and my least favorite, I may suck it up and cook him some good eats in the am too). I am also planning on buying some "fortune cookie" scratch off cards. How perfect is that?

I happen to think this is an adorable idea, and I wouldn't mind getting something like this from the man any day. I hope he likes it too!

Have you thought of a creative way to let your man know how much you love him?

No comments:

Post a Comment