Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our Photog

The one thing that I stressed to The man that is important to me (besides marrying him) was to get great pictures from the day. The man and I have about 2 good pictures of us in all of our time of dating, thus why it was important to me to pick a photographer that would deliver. The man, of course, didn't see the need in spending a ton of money on pictures. I guess he isn't as sentimental as me, and I'm guessing there are some others out there who's men don't see the picture necessity also.

I started doing some research on photographers a long time ago and was not surprised at the prices for good pictures. I was all set to make some appointments and meet with some of the photographers that were within our budget, and one other one who had an ah*mazing portfolio online. I was discussing with the man the different price ranges of the photographers and then he suggested using someone from his home town that did some of his friends pictures. Emily would do our pictures for about half of what the photographers in this area would do. Half. That's a big difference.

She didn't have her own blog or website, and I was going off of what The man and his family said about their friends wedding pictures who had used her and had been completely happy with what she produced. I still haven't seen thier wedding album. The man really wanted to use her, and so we decided to go with her. The man's mom sent in a deposit for us.

I still haven't met our photographer. We didn't have engagement photos taken and I wish we had as I could have used them for about a million projects for the wedding, but nope, we didn't do that.

So I'm not really sure what I'm going to get, but what I hope to get is a bunch of great pictures capturing the essence of the day. And of course I have some "Must take" pictures, but mostly I'm going to let her be creative in getting those.

However, in looking at some photographer blogs I have a few pictures that I love, love love:

#1- The blurry motion in the background shot (I think the movie A lot like Love, made this famous and sought after, and I loved it in that movie also):




*Kelly Nicole's Blog and Anne Ruthmann's Blog

#2- Cool Ring shots. I just think these are fun!
I like how the shadow makes a heart. Love how it does that actually.




This one is cool because of what it spells out. I guess I want my ring shots to be different than the normal stuff a ring in a flower and take a shot. Just want something fun.


*weddingbee

#3- Shoe Shot. enough said.





*weddingbee


#4- some cool angled shots.

I like how this shot seems like you're looking up the aisle.


and of course, I will need some posed shots of The man and I that don't look posed at all. I don't want to be standing there staring at the camera smiling. But I do want shots of us... many many shots of us. I would also like a shot at sunset by the lake so we'll have to sneak outside for that at sunset. I'm okay with candid shots from the day, but I happen to make about 5 chins when i'm candid, so I will need some normal pictures too!

Where do you get your photography inspiration from?

No comments:

Post a Comment