Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bad Bride, Bad Bride,

Ever feel guilty for a decision you've made?

I do.

Hot Mama, her little girl, little boy, and husband are all in the wedding. I really didn't want them to spend more money that they have to since there are 4 of them that have to buy attire. Then, I saw this dress and all my rational seemed to disappear.


Our cute little flower girl is a professional flower girl, as she's been in 4 weddings already. She is highly coveted as flowergirl for all the family weddings and even friends of the family weddings. My original plan was to find a flowergirl dress that was different from any others she had worn for a great price.

Mission half accomplished. The price was not a selling point. I kept looking for other FG dresses that I loved. I found a few I liked, but none that I loved.

The man's sister, Hot Mama, and I get along quite nicely and e-mail regularly. I e-mailed a bunch of dresses I liked to her and then this one and said if it was cheaper it's the one I would want because I love love love it. She loved it to.

Hot mama went on an online shopping search. She found a place (I forget the name of it) that had this dress for a more reasonable price than I had found. She asked me if it was the one I wanted and said she loved it and wouldn't mind spending that much on it.

I said i wanted that one.

I still feel guilty about it. Now, she did find it for a more reasonable price, and looking online at David's Bridal prices for FG dresses, none of which I love, are all around the same price as she got for this one. I just feel that it is still too much for the FG dress as it IS something she will grow out of. I had wanted to be a thrifty bride and have her spend such a small amount on the FG dress, but I failed. Clouded by the wedding haze, I picked a more expensive dress. In retrospect, Hot Mama probably only said she didn't mind paying that much because she knew it was the one I really loved. Bad bride, bad bride!

It's been ordered and will be here in June and Hot mama and I are anxiously awaiting this beauty.

After spending a lot of Hot Mama's money, I thought I owed her a really great deal, which I found for the ringbearer. I was browsing around one day on weddingbee and saw a post on the boards about a going out of business sale for a company (I can't remember the name of it). I immediately e-mailed the web address to Hot Mama. Although the man hadn't picked his tuxes yet, we decided for the prices of these tuxes, you couldn't beat it. We knew the style the Man liked and picked a similar tux. We had to move fast as little tuxes were flying out of there. Hot mama got a tux, two vests (one black, one silver) and two ties to match, plus shipping for under $20. It was a kick butt sale. She also noticed recently that the vest had gotten small since little ring bearer is growing, and she called the company up and they sent her a new one for FREE. Kick butt.


Have you picked out something for your wedding because you needed it but that later made you have bridal guilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment