Thursday, September 10, 2009

The end of single days- Part One

About a week before my wedding, my girls threw me my bachelorette party.

I had spoken to MOH Cooper about what I wanted to do, and since I had some under 21 girls in my bridal party, I thought we would start out doing something they were able to do too.

We began the day, at my favorite place to be in Saratoga in the Summer... the Track. My love of gambling and horses will always steal my heart.

One of my sweet friends got her butt up early(like super early) and drove all the way from Albany to Saratoga to get to the track before 8:00am to save a spot for us for the day. And save a spot she did! She had placed a few plastic tablecloths down, and some craft letter that said "Congratulations Courtney" and then lots of glitter. It was so super sweet. However, I didn't even think to get a picture of it before we ruined it with our portable chairs.

I was gifted with a T-Shirt from the bridal party earlier in the week that had our names at the top, a cute picture of a bride and groom, and then our wedding date on the bottom. I gladly put on my cute t-shirt for the day. What I didn't realize was that most of the bridal party had purchased the same cute shirt- and some of my friends who were even attending the bachelorette party had bought them. Team Bride here we come.


As soon as everyone had arrived, MOH gifted me with a Vera Bradly coin purse* with tons'o'money inside. There was a pocket on the front and she had printed out a sign to go in it that read, "Bridal Loot." EVERYONE (bridal party and friends) had contributed to the "Bridal Loot" and it was something completly sweet and unexpected.

We gambled our little hearts out all day, I won on one race with an Exacta Box(you pick the 1st place and 2nd place horses), the winning on that race was pure luck- I bet on the horses named "together forever" and "Carribean Sunset" in honor of my wedding and honeymoon to the carribean. And they came in and I won a little money but none of us were big winners.

The fellow seated next to us, Rob, hit it big and won $2,000. yep, two grand. He bought us a round of pina coladas aftr my sweet friend Sherri went over and coaxed him into it.

After the excitement died down, and the races were over, we headed over to Bridesmaid Partner in Crime's appartment (which she graciously let us use all night) for some pizza and pre-gaming.

Up next, our night out on the town!

*This is not my coin purse, but it was similar to this-and very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment