Thursday, September 17, 2009

.......The Ugly

I had been waiting for the man to arrive home so we could go to the rehearsal together. He was going to be cutting it pretty close, when I recieved a call from him on the phone. The guys and him had decided that they better just head to the rehearsal because they didn't have the time to meet me at the house. They were already on their way there while I sat at home waiting. While I sat there waiting the last 10 minutes I knew we were going to be late, but at least we'd be late together. And now instead of that, I was going to be the one coming in late. Good thing our rehearsal was not at a church!

20 minutes.

That is how late I was to my own rehearsal.

I ran into traffic and still had to drop off my cake topper at the Bakers along the way. I just couldn't seem to get there everyone was in my way.

When I got there, the man was out in the parking lot waiting for me. He needed his clothes. We couldn't check into our room until 4:00pm, so he changed right there, in my car, in the parking lot. I know, we are ghetto.


As soon as I walked inside the wedding coordinator came up to me and started asking me all sorts of questions, and I just burst into tears. I was upset about the Man not being there to help me with all the stuff, being late, and fighting with the Man and it just came rushing out of me like a floodgate I had let open up.

I guess I couldn't handle the pressure. After my cry, i got to work discussing the line up with the wedding coordinator and she went out and told everyone it was time to begin the rehearsal.

The rehearsal went well after that. We did our thing, and I forgot why the Man and I had been fighting to begin with, I was happy to be there with him, and I couldn't wait to marry him.

After the rehearsal I tried to check into our room. In case you didn't notice, I said "Tried." And so it began the check in from Hell- the hotel was so unorganzed it wasn't even funny. here I am, the bride, trying to check into my room for the night and they were giving me a hard time- telling me I had to pay. When the reality of the matter was that this particular hotel made you pay for your room upon booking. Yep, I had charged it and paid for it waaaaayyyy back when I booked it in January. I don't know about you but I don't carry my credit card statements with me in my purse, in fact, since I had already paid for the room, I didn't even bring my normal credit cards. I kept explaing to her that I Already had paid. Then I got pissed and told her I was NOT paying for the room again. She finally understaood that I already paid for it and gave me my key. This was the case for EVERY SINGLE one of our guests who checked in. They all were told they hadn't paid for it, when really they had!

I went up to the room with MOH Cooper, The Man, my parents and my grandmother. We hung out up there until it was time for the rehearsal dinner. This is the part of the story I don't like.

As we were getting into the elevator, I couldn't keep my hands to myself, and I grabbed the Man's butt. He winced in pain. I asked him if he got hit with a paintball there, and he said no, something else, and he'd tell me later. I didn't want to know later, I wanted to know right then.

We told everyone else to go ahead and we returned to the room.

I asked him what happened and he told me I wasn't going to like it. And he was right. I didn't. I really didn't. He told me the truth so i give him points for that, but apparently they went to a strip club. I am not a fan of strip clubs, but i guess I probably would have understood if they had just gone there to watch. However, his groomsmen had paid big bucks for the stripper/exotic dancer, what ever you want to call her, to bring him on stage, strip him down to his boxers, and beat him with his belt. And then he showed me the battle wounds. A purple behind, all bruised.

Two nights before our wedding you do this? You are telling me about it right before the rehearsal dinner? I guess finding out about it right before the dinner was my own fault since I needed to know, but this was something I just was NOT expecting from My Man.

I'm not going to lie, I was really really really upset and pissed, I cried-sobbed actually, I messed up my makeup. It sucked.

I realized while it probably was not his choice to go there and have that happen, it is kind of hard for men to stand up and say they don't want to do it when all their guy friends are there egging them on. However, I believe it went too far and I was upset that HE let it get that far. And I don't think having a bachelor party is an excuse to do these types of things- I don't think getting on stage in your boxers and letting some women beat you, dance on you or other- is ever appropriate and I was HIGHLY dissapointed.

Then his phone started ringing and it was his mother asking where we were and saying we needed to get to the rehearsal dinner site pronto.

Anyone else have a tramatic finding right before a big event? what did you do to hold it together?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney B.,
    Great name! I'm Courtney C., about to become Courtney B.! I just stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it tonight. I'll be getting married in Lake George in Nov. and was wondering if you could share with me the names of the vendors who you met with and are glad you didn't use and who you were happy with. I'm on the hunt for florists and bakers in the LG area and it seems like you have a lot of advice to offer! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney C- I used Jeremy from Gambles (in queensburry) for my cake, who i LOVED. I highly suggest using him. His cakes are delicious and just beautiful. My guests raved about how yummmmmy the cake was, and I don't know about you, but i've never seen anyone rave about cake at a wedding. His price is a little on the higher end I guess($4.25/piece), but he delivers plenty of cake for the guests and I really feel he is worth the price! I will be posting picture of my cake soon (it was beautiful).

    I had met with someone from the Lake George Cake Company also, and their prices were a lot cheaper per piece, but then they would charge for every other little decoration, and I just wasn't feeling them (plus I have a nut allergy and when she heard that she pretty much ended our meeting so i was not impressed).

    We used Dave Cannon from Elite Sounds Entertainment for our DJ, and LOVED him. He did a great job DJ-ing, was easy to work with and and I would highly suggest him as well.

    As for Florists, I met with the Price Chopper in Queensburry, and they were nice but I thought the prices were somewhat high there for bridesmaid bouquets. i wasn't really asking for any expensive flowers for their bouquets and I wasn't impressed with the price. However, I do think they would have done a nice job.

    I used Cindy Murphy from The Murphy's Cottage Crafts for my flowers. I'll be posting about that soon too, but The Flowers were beautiful. Excellent quality, hands down. My bouquet was exactly what I had asked for, and she did a fabulous job with the centerpieces, they were as discussed as well. The bridesmaids bouquets, although beautiful, were not exactly what I had ordered. Her prices were VERY reasonable. Overall, I liked working with her, I was just a little surprised on the day of that the Bridesmaids flowers weren't what I was expecting, but I rolled with it.

    Feel free to e-mail me if you have other questions about Lake George! cbaldwin6315@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete