Thursday, September 10, 2009

The end of single days- Part Two

If you missed how we started out the day you can check it out here. We had a blast but it was time to go and while all of my guests went from the Saratoga Race Track to Bridesmaid Partner In Crime's(PIC- for short) pad, MOH Cooper and I snuck off to get some grub. We arrived back at PIC's house with plenty to go around.



There is nothing quite like sharing a slice, a beer, and memories with old friends. Memories of single days, college days, carefree days-- we shared. It was great to remember those days and brought on tons of laughter at ourselves for being so young and silly.

After we demolished dinner we got ready to go out. It didn't take long for us to get ready to go downtown, as most of us wore the same outfits as we had on earlier.......but my bridesmaids had a few gifts for me to wear up their sleeves.


My friend Sherri, Aka Shikira, hadn't been drinking so she kindly offered to cart us around all night.




Do you notice the crown on my head? It was a gift from the girls and it said "bride to be." It was sparkly and fun. Speaking of fun, there is Bridesmaid PIC (in the black) and My Friend A, having a blast back there on the way to the bars.




only in Saratoga can you be stopped at a red light, turn to your right and see this:




The picture is a little dark, but the horse was pulling a buggy behind it. Yes, that really does happen.


Once we got to the bar someone decided shots were in order.




but I didn't get to have one of those. Oh, no. The bartender made me a special "shot"






Here I am sporting my pretty pink sash, my beaded shotglass necklace, my tiara and my CUP of shot. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't good, and the girls made me chug it. ugh.


Immediately following the cup of shot, my friend R handed me a drink, and then she handed me another. Things were getting a little bit silly.

I was feeling the shot and had two huge drinks to finish and it was getting hot in there.


Next thin I knew some guy was all up on me dancing. i humored him and did a funny dance with him, and then I introduced him to Sherri, AKA Shakira. And by introduce I mean, pushed him over to her. Once she "Met" him they had a little dance off. I think She won.






I love the look on the face of the girl in the backround in the white, it's just so funny.

It got super hot in that bar and I decided I needed some air. Once I stepped outside, I did not want to go back inside. So We gathered everyone up and headed across the street for some drinks on the patio.


We met up with a Bachelor Party and he was getting married on the 8th just like me.



We hung out with those boys all night. Mostly I hung out with said bachelor's cute father who has been married for 40 years and he gave me marriage advice all night. Of course, I don't remember any of it because of the cup of shot and the drinks that followed afterwards.
All in all, we had a low-key (which is just what I wanted) fun night. I realized that this was the last time i'd be out single with the girls, and it made me happy. I couldn't wait to marry my man and say sianarra to single days. Don't get me wrong, being single can be great, but this chica was ready to be married already!


No comments:

Post a Comment