Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Good, The Bad......

We were in the home stretch week right before our wedding, unbeknown to me- the man was getting crap from all the guys at work about getting married, and it was wearing on him. He didn't tell me how he was feeling, he just kept it all bottled up inside because men don't have emotions, ever, or that's what the Man would have you believe.

Really he was having a little freak out over getting married, because for him it was finally starting to feel real. Really real. And since the wedding was right around the corner it was time for his men to step up to the plate and throw him his bachelor party. And by right around the corner before they threw him his party, I mean Thursday night, as in two days before the wedding.



I wasn't pleased about the bachelor party being so close to the wedding, but the Man actually wanted it to be close so that all the guys could just travel down on Thursday before the wedding and not have to make another trip down for the party. In my opinion, I would NOT suggest having the bachelor party right before the wedding.

I knew what the bachelor party was to consist of, or so I thought, but in reality I was only told what they wanted me to know. The guys party began at 10:00am on Thursday when they picked the Man up for breakfast and then they were off to play some paintball down in Albany. The guys had rented out the whole place to themselves and planned on being there for several hours. After that, they were supposed to go to one of the groomsmen's places for a cookout and a bon fire where they were planning on drinking. Heavily. They were all staying at this place so no one had to worry about drinking and driving.

What they didn't tell me was the thing they did in the middle of the day, but like me, you're going to have to wait to find out about that.

The Man stayed up drinking and having a good time with the guys all night that he forgot to call me. I have to say, I was somewhat annoyed, especially since I called him when I got "home" from my bachelorette party the previous weekend. But I figured he must have been REALLY drunk and I figured I'd just talk to him in the morning since I didn't want to be That Girl who calls him in the middle of his bachelor party.

Friday morning comes and MOH Cooper surprised me at the house. She came to help me. At the time I was thinking that it was really sweet of her to do, but the Man would be home and we'd just pack up his truck with all our wedding stuff as planned. However, I was glad to have someone to hang out with.

I knew the Man must have had a late night and I knew he had to be up and leaving for Albany by 11:00am at the latest with the guys the pick up the tuxes. I hadn't heard from him all morning and it was driving me nuts.

Around 12:30 I got a call from the Man saying that they were down there, running late, and having problems with one of the tuxes not fitting and that he'd be back soon.

At this point MOH Cooper suggested we pack our cars with the wedding stuff in case he didn't make it back until right before the rehearsal which began at 3:00pm. I thought it was a good idea so we went ahead and did that, minus the edible favors which we didn't want to melt.

After packing the car, I decided I definitely had to start getting ready because I knew it would take awhile. As soon as I stepped out of the shower The man was blowing up my phone again, saying things were taking forever and asking if I would please iron the clothes he wanted to wear. MOH Cooper got right on that for me, which was awesome. About half an hour later he calls again, this time saying they had stopped at this place along the way for hot towel shaves.

I lost it. They were hardly going to make it to the rehearsal by three if they hadn't stopped there, let alone the fact that he needed to stop home first to get me and his change. He said since he was riding with the Groomsmen he didn't really have an option, which I understood, but WHY wouldn't they shave previously? Why was it so important to stop and do that now when they were already running late? I was annoyed, I was aggitated, and really I just wanted to see the Man.

He called me back a little while later saying that the shaving was taking longer and now he wouldn't even have time to stop at home, he was just going to the site and asked me to bring his clothes and meet him there. This was really annoying to me. I understood that things were not working out for him the way he planned, but really he Forgot that we had to bring all the wedding stuff, and if MOH Cooper hadn't been so amazing, I would have been freaking out because it certainly was not all fitting in my little car, and since i had sat around waiting for him and still had to stop at the bakers to drop off the cake topper, now I was going to be late. Me, the one who had been ready and waiting for him for like an hour.

My irritation carried over the phone call and we had a fight right there on the phone. I blame his lack of consideration on the fact that he was nervous about the wedding, the annoying men at work freaking him out about marriage, and also the lack of sleep from the night before. Whatever it really was, we were not getting along nicely.

And then I had to go meet him at the place of our wedding and practice our ceremony when really I wanted to kill him.

okay, kill is a strong word, but I was HIGHLY annoyed. This annoyance got worse when I got to the place and he hadn't gotten the money to pay our officiant (which I had asked him to do since we had to pay her in cash and I didn't have time to stop and get it since I was now running late)...
things were not running smoothly.

but you know what they say, the road to happiness is not always smooth.

Did you have any bumps along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment