Friday, April 17, 2009

Bridal Accessories

I have gotten most of my bridal accessories thus far.

Veil, check.



Originally, I wasn't going to buy a veil. I think they are really expensive for what you get. I was thinking of asking my grandmother to make me one (she's quite the sewer), but then I had to go and fall in love with a fingertip veil from Davids Bridal that was adorned with Swarovski crystals. My mother offered to buy it for me, along with my dress and undergarments (bustier, crinoline),so I took her up on the offer. Thanks mom, you totally rock!

Tiara, Check.

Jewelry, check.



Shoes, Check! After about a million and one tries, I think I got the right ones. Love them.


However, there are a few accessories I have yet to purchase.

One being a garter. Which is a story for another day.

Today, today, I'm going to focus on the 2nd accessory I'm laking, a bridal clutch. I'm not hugely a clutch person, so I really don't want to spend a ton of money on one because I probably won't be using it often.



The criteria: Satin, cute and reusable, not expensive, not cheap looking.



I did a little google search and found these clutches to be really cute:

#1 there is just something about it that I love. It may be the pleats, it may be the roses made out of fabric...

#2 Loving the bow (seriously before wedding shopping I wasn't into bows, but now in the midst of shopping, I find them strangly appealing)










#3, okay I don't think this is satin, but it's cute!


OR if I wanted to go sans white and match my shoes #4
#5 or this little cutie




Then I found this one on etsy,




It's satin and hot pink, and check out the ..................

bow.


Does the bow not totally match my shoes? Go ahead, scroll back up and check it out. Too bad the fabric is Ivory and not White! Although If I really wanted it, I bet I could message the seller and have her make me a white one. However, at $60, it is more than I want to pay and I'm not completely sure if I want to write off an all white one just yet.



This isn't a contendor for the wedding, but it sure is cute (and half off right now)! Rehersal Dinner anyone? Makes me wish I was a clutch kind of girl or willing to part with $78.








The problem I'm having right now is that ALL of the clutches I have found that I like are significantly more than I'm willing to spend on a clutch for the wedding. The cheapest one was the etsy one, and at $60, I still found that to be more than I wanted to spend. Am I being cheap here or do the prices of clutches seem to be a little exorbitant?

Are you adding a splash of color into you wedding with your clutch?

No comments:

Post a Comment