Monday, April 13, 2009

We're Registered!

The man wanted nothing to do with registering for gifts, which was disappointing, because lets face it, the gift registry is for items for our future and I really didn't want to chose those things alone. However, I do like shopping and picking out new things so I figured it would be a lot of fun to actually register for gifts. I have been wanting to go for months.

Since the Man didn't want to go register with me (well actually we tried to go together once and he got very overwhelmed and annoyed), I decided to start our registry online so that I wasn't too overwhelmed/distracted with all the choices.

We had decided to register at Bed, Bath and Beyond(BBB) and Target (well, I decided Target). I began our registry at Bed, Bath and Beyond online a few weeks ago. I added things here and there when I had time to log in and do it. It was really nice being able to log on whenever I wanted and add an item here, take an item off there, or just to change a color. I was really loving it. I added a LOT of small kitchen things that everyone needs and hates buying for themselves. The Man and I have a lot of acquired items for the kitchen. Not all of them are nice. I do have a pretty kick a** set of pots and pans my parents bought us for Christmas, and some nice silverware. Other than that, we could use a lot of updated things for the kitchen. Picking these small things out online was really more optimal than picking them out in store.

I decided there were certain items I needed to see in person before registering for them. Bath towels were at the top of the list. Highly needed, but I wanted to make sure they were of good quality.

I had been planning on heading up to BBB this weekend to finish off the registry there, and then heading over to Target to add some fun items. I just happened to be talking to MOH Cooper and she, like a great friend, asked me if I'd like some help. Of course, I said I would. We met up at Target tonight after work and went to town with the scanner and scanning in items for the registry.

Scanning items in at Target was super easy and oh so fun. So easy in fact, I may have gotten a little carried away. Of course Cooper was there encouraging me to register for as much as I could. I enjoyed registering at Target a lot, but I am a little annoyed that not everything is in the store that I registered for. There were a couple items I looked up when I got home and added and they are "online only" items. And one item that was on sale in the store is showing up as "unavailable" eventhough I scanned it in the store. Nonethe less I found a bunch of stuff I really liked at Target. Coming in at the top of my list is a set of casual dinnerware. I actually had scanned in another item in store, but was looking online later and came across these pretties(they were not in the store):
They are Corelle and theyare fabulous. I L-O-V-E the practicality of Corelle. We use Corelle on an everyday basis now. I'm tired of the set I have, i've had them for a VERY long time. Plus I LOVE that this set comes with Soup bowls.

I currently have a set of stoneware that I was hoping to update with a new set of stoneware, but I didn't find any I really liked. They were all a little boring to me. After scanning away at Target, Cooper and I headed over to Bed, Bath and Beyond across the way. I found some super towels and some other pretties...


I had also decided awhile ago that we would have no use for China.... but when I was in BBB I saw some georgeous sets and *kind of* changed my mind. (While I didn't see THIS Mikasa set in the store, there were some other pretty ones. If this Mikasa set wasn't out of stock, I may have registered for it because it is simply devine).


Although it would be nice to own a set of fabulous Fancy China, then Man and I are not fancy shmancy and neither are ANY of our friends. Therfore, fancy shmancy China wouldn't get any use and would just collect dust. *sigh* So pretty though.

But wait a minute, what is this? China that is fancy enough to serve our guests on, but not to fancy to make us look pretentous.... it's dishwasher safe, microwave and oven safe, and comes in some fabulous designs.

I LOVE this "every day" china set by Lennox



(If you haven't notice my butterfly addiction yet, you haven't been paying close enough attention.) Don't you just Love?

Did you end up registering for something you absolutely thought you wouldn't have on the registry?

No comments:

Post a Comment