Saturday, April 18, 2009

What size did you say?

Some of my bridesmaids were hit hard by the failing economy. Because of that, we weren't able to place the order for the bridesmaids dresses as early as I wanted to.

As a reminder, this is the dress my fabulous 6 ladies will be rocking:
Since we were ordering to dresses from Davids Bridal, I didn't think placing a later order would be a problem.

WELL, I was right. The dresses have been coming in staggered. Some came in a few weeks ago, some last week, one came in this week, one hasn't come in yet.

The girls have been getting really excited to be getting their dresses.

I, however, have been feeling a bit more like this:




You see, 5 out of the 6 dresses have arrived. Bridesmaid Mini-me and MOH Cooper's dresses came in first. Mini-me's dress was too small and didn't fit. MOH Cooper's dress hasn't been tried on yet by her as I have been unable to drop it off at her house due to our differing schedules.

Next, College and Hot Maman's dresses came in. I was quite worried about their dresses. You see, they don't live anywhere close to a DB, so they had to call in their measurements. Davids used thier book to convert the measurements into the sizes and I knew right away the sizes they were told sounded too big. When their dresses came in, they were shipped to their homes. Sure enough, the dresses were massive and didn't fit.

Lastly, Partner in Crime's dress came in this week. She went to pick it up today and realized that it's too small also.

So right now, I'm 0/4 with 1 undecided and 1 that hasn't come in yet. Anyone who's good at math knows those are not good odds.

Luckily, DB has been really good about letting the girls exchange/return their dress for a new size. However, they have all had to reorder the new dresses and we have to wait for them to come in again. I'm hoping the 2nd round of dresses is truer to size and fit better than the first batch!

Have you had any bridesmaid dress blunders? how willing was your salon to fix the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment