Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Where have I been?

Some of you may recall a previous post of mine about losing our guest list (which was done in excel) as well as SEVERAL other wedding related things I had been working on and stupidly saved to the hard drive. Last Tuesday was not a good day.

The computer froze on me and then windows would not reboot. I was annoyed. Especially since I had JUST reinstalled my new printer, all the drivers, and all the patches. Luckily I had printed out our wedding guest list.

I have been telling the Man all along that there has been something wrong with the computer since we got it (a little less than a year ago) and that he should bring it back to Best Buy (where he bought it) and have them look at it and fix the problem while it's still under waranty.

I kept saying it and saying it and really, I felt like a nag, but seriously, why wouldn't you have something fixed for free (while it's still under waranty)? After unsuccessfully trying to reinstall windows and having it load sometimes, and not others... the Man finally agreed that something was wrong with it and that it should be looked at.

By some miracle, he managed to find the receipt which showed the purchase dat of May 18, 2008. Yay, still under waranty! So right now our computer is being looked at by professionals, and we won't have it back for a few weeks.

Therefore, my blogging will be light for several weeks.

I also managed to contract a Virus on my work computer last week. My whole computer had to be reformatted to get rid of it. I finally got it back today (almost a whole week after the incident occured).

Here's to hoping for a better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment