Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vows with a View: The Ceremony II

It happens all the time that you see wedidng bloggers fall offf the face of the earth once the wedding is over, they don't post for days, weeks, months-- all the while you're waiting impatiently for the wedding recaps. I never thought that would be me! I'm really sorry I've been procrastinating in posting my recaps. I will try to do better.

So there I was. The bridal march began playing, I knew it was my turn to walk down that aisle and my eyes were filled with tears. I was afraid of messing up my makeup and letting them roll (and I also didn't want everyone to see me crying) so I held them in. BUT that made it very hard to see and for some really awkward face making pictures.


My dad led me down the aisle safely (I'm sorry but I can't share those face on-bad ones with you)
BUt I must have looked okay because the Man got all choked up too


Dad and handed me off to my future husband


Here I am making 5 chins in this picture trying not to cry or show that my eyes are filled with tears









The ceremony was short and sweet, but while we stood up there waiting for the moment to be Man and Wife, it felt like it was taking an eternity to get to that point.







We used pretty standard vows, but the Man got all choked up while he was saying the last part, which was supposed to be, "....and I pledge to you my faith" and he blurted out that he would pledge to me his face. Yep, his face. So I pledged to him my faith and my face. That certainly got everyone giggling.



and then, just like that, we were man and wife and a Kiss was in order



and then it was time to leave as Mr. & Mrs.




and we realized we were going to wrong way. Whoops.


so we had a few mishaps happen. I bet I wasn't the only one. What was your most embarasing mishap of the day?

2 comments:

  1. I L*O*V*E Your bridesmaid dresses! So cute and pretty color. :) Will be following along on your blog for lots more recaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I loved them too, I got them at Davids Bridal (the one place I didn't think I'd go) and I couldn't have been happier with how they looked in person AND in pictures!

    ReplyDelete