Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vows with a View: Getting Ready

The man and I had gotten in a big blow up fight, after fighting he apologized and then he went back to the house. I stayed at the hotel with the girls and was annoyed that my night had been highly disrupted by the fight. The man called me when he got home and apologized again, but I couldn't seem to get it off my mind.

With the company of my girls and some serious girl-time behind me, I finally drifted off to sleep. I woke up the next morning feeling less than rested. On top of the un-rested feeling my eyes were really red and puffy from crying all night. I don't suggest fighting with your fiance the night before the wedding, nothing good can come from it. It's just nerves.

Around 9:00 there was a knock on my door. The Man's mother brought us some home made muffins and scones (made with love from the Man's godmother). It was the sweetest thing ever!Some of my girls headed over to the salon to get their hair done, while the others were just starting the morning in their rooms. I just wanted to relax, so I did just that.

Around 11:00 there was another knock on the door from my hairdresser. She had finished the Man's Mama early and wondered if I was ready for her to start. Of course I was. So I sat right down and she went to town curling and pinning my hair.

I had decided on a half-up/half down look with lots of curls, and she didn't disappoint. After my hair was done, I wandered into the bathroom and did my own makeup.

Some of the girls came back from their hair appointment, they had been gone for about 4 hrs and I was wondering where they were, and although their hair looked nice, they had some horror stories about the place and how Rude the girls were that fixed their hair. I seriously could not believe some of the things that were said/done to them. I would never suggest this place to anyone. On top of the rude attitude the girls got charged about 25 dollars more than what the website said the prices were for the updo's. If I had been there, there would have been a serious fight.

The man's godmother brought us all Pizza for lunch and the girls and I gobbled some up.

Before I knew it, it was time for me to get into my dress. I didn't want to lift it over my head/hair so I thought it would be easier to step into it...........


Clearly, that was not working for me with my poofy poofy crinoline! After some hysterical laughter, we calmed down and I made an executive decision that this way was not going to work! Over my head carefully it was. And then it was on.



Mama B couldn't find the loop to hook it, so it was Partner in Crime to the rescue.


I was closing my eyes and wishing it to fit. And it did. Partner in Crime climbed right under my dress and straightened out my crinoline for me to. I can't wait until she gets married so I can repay the favor! She was so good and helpful to me.

My veil was strategically placed into my hair




The flowers came* and before I knew it, we were on our way to get pictures taken. The man and I had decided NOT to have a first look, we wanted it to be at the alter, but I had suggested getting the shots of the men and Ladies separately before the ceremony and it was our time.

We squeezed into the elevator and we were on our way.
(from L-R: Bridesmaid Mini-me, Mama B, Bridesmaid College, MOH Cooper, Me, Bridesmaid Partner in Crime, Bridesmaid Flirty)

*More about this later.
All Photos taken by our Photographers, Emily Johnston and Mary McDonald.

Was your day of the wedding stressful or stress-free?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just my computer, but the pictures aren't loading? You might double-check them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-posted them, they seem to be working now. I'm not sure what the problem was before!

    ReplyDelete