Friday, October 2, 2009

Vows with a View: The Flowers

Some of you may have remembered my flower dilemma back in the day. I had decided to fire my florist and go with another, not so much because they were a bad florist, but because the new florist had such better prices and she was super sweet and seemed to love what she did.Loving making my flower dreams come true was key.

We had discussed things like what I wanted my bouquet to look like and include, centerpieces, boutonnieres, extras, corsages as well as what I had finally decided on the bridesmaids bouquets-

I was feeling good about my floral choices and my florist.
And then she delivered the flowers.

You always hear horror stories of flowers that are wrong and think that it can't happen to you because your florist is great, but it can happen, and you need to be prepared to get something that may not be exactly what you wanted.

I will start by saying working with my florist was great, she was really sweet, got what I wanted and then she delivered... most of what I wanted anyway. The quality of the flowers was excellent-they lasted forever!

My bouquet was
everything I wanted it to be. It was stunning and even more beautiful than these pictures can show. I was extremely pleased!

Included in the box with my beautifully mastered bouquet were the bridesmaids bouquets, but they seemed to be a little different that what I had ordered: I wanted each girl to carry a bunch of a single flower type- in hot pink. I even included a picture and have to my florist to keep so she would remember.
Instead I got some beautifully constructed bouquets consisting of, well, something else
Slightly different that what I had wanted. You know, I really wouldn't have minded if she had mixed the flowers like she did, but I had wanted to go for a specific look with the monogamous flower in the single color. Not only did she not give me what I had asked for for flowers for each of the girls, but she also gave me a different color than what I was expecting.

Not what I ordered but the flowers WERE beautiful nonetheless. No one attending the wedding would know it wasn't what I ordered, but I knew, and to be honest I was slightly annoyed. Annoyed that she hadn't delivered exactly what I wanted, but I let it go. I just decided I wasn't going to care. They are flowers, they are pretty, and they were not going to ruin my day.

The mothers corsage's were beautifully mastered

The Man's Mama:
My Mama and I:
As for the Grooms Boutonnieres, my Groom was to have a white rose, and all the others were to have different flowers to match the bridesmaids bouquets.

My Groom:

All the other groomsmen got these:


I was slightly concerned about the centerpieces since she hadn't given me the Bridesmaid bouquets or matching boutonnieres I had asked for...what would the centerpieces look like?

The Centerpieces were beautiful and exactly what I wanted

Ah, I love me some orchids.

Overall, I was very pleased. Once I got over the initial shock of the bridesmaids bouquets not being as I had envisioned. Things like that, they aren't really important. You have to let those little accidents and details just roll off your back. The flowers weren't going to affect my day at all. I was happy, I was dressed, and I was ready for my close up.

Up next, some formal shots with the girls.

Did you florist deliver exactly what you wanted?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten married yet but at my sister's wedding the florist was as you said: sweet, nice and affordable. She did a great job with just about everything my sister wanted, except for one thing: The arch! She showed her pictures and said she wanted the metal arch that the bride and groom would be standing under on a bare lawn to be completely covered from head to toe in ivy and greenery and maybe a few florals. Instead, she got a very bare arch with two floor arrangements on either side and one large arrangement at the top center. When she was done setting up and we looked down at the ceremony lawn, the first words out of my sister's mouth were "My arch! What's up with my arch?" She blew it off that day and no one knew, but we suddenly realized why she was so affordable and to this day it is still something that we list on the 'what went wrong' list from her big day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, sometimes you just have to let it go. Having or not having the right flowers will not ruin your day, in fact like you said, no one will know (except the ones involved in ordering the flowers) and as much as you want everything to come together the way you imagine, sometimes it doesn't. Sounds like your sister handled it pretty well!

    ReplyDelete