Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Vows With a View: Details

While the bridal party, family and I were out finishing off our formal shots outside, the guests wandered inside for the cocktail hour where they enjoyed some drinks and appetizers! We had our own butler outside that delivered us each a drink and walked around with food-but not wanting to get any stuck in our teeth while we were picture taking, sadly, we did not get to enjoy any appetizers.

The gift table was all set up in the cocktail room, and it looked fabulous. I updated my card box with some thicker ribbon and added some butterflys at the last minute. In front of that you can see my completed guest book that I refabed. Just to the left of the guest book, you can see our ring bowl I bought off of etsy. I was happy to be able to have the ring bowl for the future, however, it did not survive our rambunctious ringbearer and got broke that day. Hope that's not a sign of bad luck!

The name cards I worked so hard on (right before our computer broke-I was glad I had finished them) The different colored paper stood for the three different food options we had (Chicken, pork and filet mignon). I love how cute these looked all set up!


After we were done with our formal pictures, Roberta, our wedding coordinator (assigned by the hotel, who I LOVED) snuck me away to have the first glimpse of the room after it was all set up.

I walked into the room and saw this:

and this:

Our Sweetheart Table:

Close up of the Table Numbers, Candles, and Favors:

Inside the favors:

My mom had bought us the customized M & M's for the favors. Thanks Ma-they were sweet.

The hotel Staff had set up the whole room exactly how I had asked. They did a GREAT job. I was blown away with how beautiful it all looked and how well my vision had pieced together.I was even more surprised when Roberta said to me that our wedding was probably the priettiest wedding she'd ever seen (and she'd been working there for 20 years). She told me that a lot of the brides didn't put much effort into it, not like I had, and it made me feel very proud to have been blessed with the crafty gene and able to create something so beautiful.

Did your reception look the way you had envisioned it?

No comments:

Post a Comment