Thursday, January 15, 2009

Colors, Colors, Colors!

Can you guess what my blog is going to be about today? yeah, I know, I'm super creative this morning! Anyway in case you didn't guess, I'm going to tell you our colors.

I LOVE love love love PINK. LOVE. I am a true girly girl and pink is my favorite color, always has been, and always will be, so naturally I wanted my wedding to be PINK.... The man HATES my favorite color with a passion and does not want the wedding to be pink. But pink is me so how can I have a wedding that isn't reflective of me?

The man really didn't care what colors we used. To be honest he told me I could use whatever I wanted (which has since been his moto instead of making decisions). The man's only request was that I didn't have pink dresses because he didn't want to wear/match the pink with the boys (which we wouldn't HAVE to do anyway). I really didn't mind not having pink dresses. Pink doesn't look good on everyone and I really have never seen a pink bridesmaid dress that I thought was fabulous.

I also had another favorite color. Turquoise. How can you not love it? It's so perfect for our wedding by the lake! It would go so nicely against the water! I loved the idea of the turquoise and The man thought it would be nice too. So there you have it, we made a decision! Turquoise would be our main color and we would have accents of black, white, and you guessed it, Hot Pink




Oh they look so good together I could just die!

Finding turquoise has proven to be hard hard hard! Especially the BM dresses. There are so many different shades of the turquoise that people call "turquoise" when really it's not, it's blue, or Aqua, which is a different color because it's not as bold as the turquoise I'm picturing. But, it's coming along quite nicely now. I would think it would be more popular.

Did you have trouble finding items in your colors after you had picked you colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment