Monday, January 12, 2009

Princess Me: Finding the Dress Part Two

Did you guess which three dresses were in my top pick at Davids? I will reveal them, but you're going to have to wait....

I tried on so many dresses, and to be honest, we didn't take pictures of them all, we did get pics of my faves though. Dress shopping was a lot MORE fun than I thought it would be. I found out certain things I liked about dresses such as: I like strapless dresses (even though i hate my arms), and I like sweetheart necklines, and I love the sparkle.

I didn't purchase a dress at Davids. My consultant was horrible, she didn't help at all, and then dissapeared after she tried to pressure me to buy a dress and I firmly said no. I know they make commission, but seriously, I just went to try on and get an idea of what I wanted and i TOLD her that right off the bat that I was not purchasing "today." I wanted to bring my mama shopping with me.

I ventured out with my mama and mini me to a small little boutique in Saratoga Springs called "Danielles" in search of my love (no, I had not forgotten Brielle). We got to the boutique and it was similar to davids with the searching through dresses to find what you like, but that's when the similarities ended... the staff was REALLY friendly and it was small inside, they had like one crinoline for me to use when trying on dresses and the zipper was broken, so that was interesting. My consultant was really nice, she was new there too.

My mama and I searched through the dresses for ones to try on. She kept pulling lacy ones that I was not interested in (remember I told you she has different tastes than me?), yeah, so I had to keep telling her that I wasn't into the lace, I was into the sparkle.. she finally got it. We picked out quite a few, and I was getting annoyed looking for brielle because I couldn't seem to find her anywhere.... and then... there she was, in all her glory..... and seriously, she was hanging there in the SIZE I NEEDED. It was love, and then it was FATE. I snatched her up and went to try her on. Brielle wasn't in white, she was in the oyster color and she was beautiful (although I would pick white or Diamond white for the day).

We grabbed a bunch of dresses and went to try them on. My mama was helping me to get dresses which was an interesting process since she didn't know what to do... and it seemed every dress we picked had one of those corsett backs and she wanted to kill me by the end of the day when her hands hurt from lacing me up!

Mama was in charge of pictures (which they told me I could take). I tried on Brielle and she was beautiful. I was still in love, and in the wedding dress haze where you think everything looks fabulous. Mama was not in love, mini me didn't love it either. I did. And that's all that matters right? I pranced around the salon in brielle and I really liked her a lot, but once I had her on, I don't know if I loved her anymore. She looked pretty good, but made me look thicker in the middle, and although I LOVED the beautiful satin she was made out of (serisouly, Maggies uses some high quality fabrics) she was about 15-20lbs.... and I had to wonder if I'd be able to handle that in August. I had mama take some pictures.

I tried on a few more dresses that were horrible and def. No's... and then I tried on one my mama loved, but I didn't love. It was very simple and plain. It was pretty, but it didn't make me look great and it was too simple, that isn't me. But I let her take some pictures of it anyway.

And then there was the high contendor from the day, which was an unexpected find. It was Private Lable by G and sooooooooooooooooooooo pretty. I really liked, loved, this dress.... except it didn't fit (it was not my size eventhough it was the same size as all the other wedding dresses I had tried on and fit me) and I had a HARD time imagining what it would look like. The consulant said I would need about two sizes bigger! I didn't have a problem with that, I am not about the size on the lable, I just want my dress to fit... but you should know that the chest area was huge on me. Oh, and I am pretty well endowed, so for the top to be THAT big on me in that size, I had a problem imagining what it would be like 2 sizes bigger. We would need some SERIOUS alterations..... oh, but I liked her.... so we took some pictures.

Where are these so called pictures you ask? Well, mama was in charge of pictures.... oh, I didn't tell you.. She's a little bit ellectronically challenged (like me!) and although she THOUGHT she was taking pictures, she wasn't pressing and holding the button long enough for it to register. So we went away thinking we had a ton of pics to go through, and there were none! It kinda sucked.

I really had wanted to see how those dresses photographed..... have you had an "ellectronically challenged" issue when taking pictures of your dresses?

up next, some pictures, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment