Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Princess Me: Finding the Dress Part 4

I had found a lot of great dresses, but was my search over? Had I found the one?

Before I decided, I wanted to bring mama back to Davids Bridal with me to see the top 3 there. Mini me came too. We headed down in the morning on a Saturday. For David's, early is better on Saturday or late in the afternoon-- after 4. It gets pretty busy in there.

I got the same consultant I had previously had. I was not to thrilled about that, but surprisingly, she was a lot better this time even though she had more brides there than previously.

My mom wanted to see some "different" styles on me and she especially wanted to see an A-line. Blah, those do not look the best on me, but I decided to humor her. She liked it and wondered why I didn't. So then I went and pulled my top pick and tried that on for her and then she SAW why the A-line was not a good choice.

Okay, I admit it, I like the ballgowns. I didn't think I would go with that style. I was looking for something silky and beautiful, but once I tried on the ballgown styles, I fell in love. And once I tried on my top pick for my mama and mini me-- I knew it was def. the one... and they knew it too. I love my dress!

Usually Davids makes you buy the sample size from the store, but I lucked out and they did not have the size I needed in my dress in store (yay). When trying it on, I had squeezed into the size smaller than what I needed - I couldn't breathe but I looked fabulous. So what happens when they don't have your size? They order you a BRAND NEW dress to be made and no one has tried on.

We had decided on my dress and my mama and I chose a pretty veil from there along with the crinoline that makes it ultra full and the bustier. We brought it up to the counter and mama was feeling generous and decided to buy it all for me! I lucked out. Found my dress and my mom paid for it and all the undergarments and the veil.

While we were there, they DID try to sell me all the accessories I'd need..... tiara, shoes, jewelry.... but the be honest, I wasn't having any of it. I wasn't impressed with their selection there and I wanted to look around. My consultant was quite pushy, but I just pushed right back with a firm "no."

Mini me tried on the Bridesmaid dress I had found while shopping there with Cooper and she loved it too (more on the BM dresses inthe future). Mama began looking for her MOB dress and she found a dress she liked that was Pink and Fabulous. Perfect, it'll go with my colors so nicely. She bought that too.

Our experience at David's that day was a pleasant one, but I have to wonder why it was so different than the first time I was there. Was it because I had come back and the consultant saw a sale coming? Was it because we actually bought a lot of stuff? or did the consultant just have a change of heart? Was she having a bad day the last time I was there? I guess I didn't care what the reason was, I was just happy to have found "the one."

Did you have varying experiences at the bridal salons you went to? Were they helpful one day and not so much the next?

No comments:

Post a Comment