Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All the Pretty Things: The Girls Attire

While shopping at Davids bridal I looked at the Bridesmaid dresses with Cooper. She tried on several styles to narrow down the options. Cooper, along with several of my Bridesmaids have the same body shape. The other bridesmaids are all pretty tiny and shaped about the same as mini-me. I knew if we could find a dress that looked fabulous on Cooper and Mini-me, that it would look fabulous on all my girls and since I didn't have the luxury of bringing them all along, having Cooper and mini-me try the dress on gave an accurate view of what my bridal party would look like in the dress.

I know a lot of brides are moving away from dressing their bridal party in the same dresses and now letting them pick their own, but I really like the uniformity the same dress offers and I love how it looks. Plus I thought finding different dress styles in the same turquoise color would be near impossible. So my girls will all be wearing the same dress, and they really don't mind. Since 3 of my girls don't live around here, I knew I would have to bring my girls that were here with me and then get everyone's opinion.

I had e-mail several styles I liked to my girls beforehand (not from Davids) to get their oppinions and compare to when Cooper tried on the Davids dresses.

I took pictures of all the dresses Cooper tried on while we were shopping together and sent them to the girls. They all seemed to REALLY like the same one that Cooper and I both really liked. And so, it was decided. The bridemaid dress would be Davids Bridal Style No. F13128 or better seen here on MOH Cooper*:




*Not the color of our dresses

I brought Mini-me down to try it on as well, but *doh* forgot my camera that day.

...........Or here on Bridesmaid Partner In Crime(also not the color of our dresses):


The style is perfect for an August wedding by the Lake. Since our wedding is going to be outdoors, I wanted something light and airy for the girls. This short Chiffon number does the trick perfectly. And it comes with straps that you can hook on if you're not comfortable with a strapless. The only thing I wasn't in LOVE with was the color. The closest they had to turquoise was Pool, which is more of an aqua than a turquoise. Davids didn't have a turquoise and so any dress I picked I would have to go with this color.

I wanted to hold off on ordering right away as I still had plenty of time and wanted to make sure it was what we all really wanted. MOH Cooper liked the dress so much she wanted to order it right away!

And while I'm patiently waiting for them to get sized the most amazing thing happened---Davids came out with new colors for spring. And while Cooper was stalking her dress online, wanting to possibly buy one in a different color for New Years, she noticed the new colors. She called me promptly and left a message about a color she knew I would like. It is called Mermaid and it is almost a perfect turquoise! How excited was I, you ask? Very. I called Davids and switched the color on my order right away. Don't panic--I DID go down and view it in person too.

The Mermaid IS a little more on the green side in the satin dresses..... but in the chiffon, it is perfection! They actually HAD it in my BM dress, but it was in a really large size so the girls who were with me couldn't try it on. It photographs somewhat darker than it is in person....BUT they loved the new color, and so did I....

Photo by Me

The girls are going to wear their own choice of silver shoes with the dress. Turquoise and silver look fabulous together and who doesn't want a nice pair of silver shoes?

on another note.......


How perfect would these Michael Kors shoes be to give them each as a BM gift (for the reception if their shoes hurt)? It's a shame that they are $200/pair or they would be on the gifting list for sure!





How did you go about choosing a Bridesmaid attire if all your girls weren't in the same area?

No comments:

Post a Comment