Thursday, January 8, 2009

Princess Me: Finding The Dress

MOH Cooper decided she wanted to take me dress shopping. She was super excited about my wedding and wanted to be a part of picking out the dress. I knew my mom and mini-me wanted to go shopping with me as well. BUT my mom and I have very different tastes, and she can be pushy (although I don't let her get away with it) and I knew I'd have a great time with Cooper, so I decided that going shopping with Cooper would help me narrow down what I liked and then I'd go with mom and mini-me and we'd have a starting place... so that is how it went down.

I had wanted to wait a few months before dress shopping and had decided I wouldn't begin looking until November... but i was so excited and Cooper wanted to take me so badly, that we ended up going in September!

I had a lot of vacation time so I took a Friday off from work to go dress shopping with Cooper and she had made me an appointment at Davids Bridal. I wasn't too thrilled about going to Davids as I had heard tons of horror stories from brides that shopped there, and I wanted to try on the Maggie Sottero I was in LOVE with, but decided it would still be fun. I, of course, had no intention of buying a dress on my first day shopping and I had no idea how much fun I was going to have.

Once we arrived at Davids, I was assigned a consultant to help me. I was thrilled to see that Davids wasn't busy and thought that the consultant would be a big help to me since there was like one other person in the store......... but, I was wrong. She was not very helpful during the process. She was good at describing to me what the different tags on the dresses ment and where to find the sizes I needed and then she was gone.

Cooper and I dug through the racks like it was a clearance sale at Christmas time and we were kids looking for the perfect one. We pulled tons of dresses for me to try on in all different shapes and poofynesses. Cooper was a BIG help during the trip since my consultant dissapeared, it was all on Cooper to dress me and take pictures. Here are some of the dresses from the day:

This is the first dress I tried on (I just Loved the pick up look)
All the mirrors were really unflattering! really... so we found a different spot to take pictires in after that....

The queen of all poofy dresses. It was about 3 sizes too small, but I wanted to try it on anyway!

I look so silly with those white hanger straps hanging out! I didn't know what to do with them yet.


This was something non-poofy I had wanted to try on (notice the pick ups again?) yeah, I had a thing for them. I didn't love it. I liked it... and I especially liked how it made me look from the side:
The side view made me look super thin and I liked that

but I just didn't feel very "bridal" in it.

Cooper found HER wedding dress and made me try it on. I was hesitant because I did not want to buy/get the same dress that my Bestest friend had two years ago, but she was persistant and so I tried it on.. to appease her:


And I REALLY liked it. A lot.



One of their "Designer" dresses, Oleg Cassini:

The Back

The Front again

There were some which I Obviously did not like (can you see my left hand saying no and the horible 3 chinned face I'm making?) HOTNESS!

There was also the horrible one I tried on that was a Mermaid style (which I KNEW would look horrible, it was just grabbed by accident) that made me look like a sausage stuffed in it's casing. We didn't take a picture of that one though.. Sorry, no laughs for you!
Last one for the day:


The Back(so pretty):


Cooper and I spent a lot of time at Davids trying on dresses. Litterally I was there all day. And of course I was having a blast with Cooper and so the time went by super quick. My consultant, no where to be found during MOST of the process. I did, however, have to say that while I was there for the 6hrs I was there for, they let me prance around in the gowns and take as many pictures as I wanted.. they even put my hair up (with bobby pins) so I could see (kinda) what it would look like (which I thought was cool). I ended up meeting the Store Owner while I was there (who I LOVED, she was super helpful and so nice) and the District Manager (who happened to be there for the day), who I ALSO loved and was great. Did I mention I was like the only one in the store?

Seriously I had a LOT of fun dress shopping (which i didn't think i would since I have SUCH a hard time finding clothes I like) and I couldn't wait to go with my mom and mini-me.


With the help of Cooper , the district manager, and the store owner... I narrowed down which dresses I liked. There were three faves from the day. Can you guess which ones they were?

No comments:

Post a Comment