Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It must be love, love love: Finding a Style


I began looking in Brides magazines right away to get ideas. I found the magazines to be addictive and helpful at the same time. Addictive because I wanted to keep buying more of them, and helpful because it helped me narrow down things I liked.

I of course wanted the perfect dress, but had NO idea what I liked in terms of wedding dresses. I found a ton of dresses I liked in the Magazines and noticed that I tended to fall for the Maggie Sotterro Dresses. Could I really be a Maggie bride? I never thought I would spend thousa
nds on a dress for one day, but how could I not, when I was in LOVE.

Of course the magazines don't tell you how much the dresses are, so I had to hunt the ones down that I liked on the Maggie website (which ALSO didn't say how much they were, but it did have a cool feature for locating the styles you liked in bridal salons that I used). I wanted to know how much my love was going to cost, so i hunted the Maggie's down until I found a site (www.bestbridalprices.com) that actually LISTED the price. The Maggie's I liked all seemed to be between $1,000-$1,500, and I almost had a heat attack when I saw that... but the bestbridalprices.com did have the dresses at slightly discount prices, free shipping, an
d the Maggie's came with free shoes and veil... so I was seriously considering ordering my dress from them, BUT I wanted to try them on first.

Here ar
e some Maggie's that I liked:
































They are all pretty much this style: strapless, satin, lots of pick ups, ballgown style, dramatic, no lace. Yep, that was totally what I wanted.

From the beginning, I decided I wasn't going to even TRY on any dresses for months. I was going to keep my cool and (hopefully) drop a few pounds before the dress shopping began. I wanted to collect styles I liked and the ones I liked all had similarities being that they were all Maggie
Sotterro (I couldn't help it, she does good work). However, I thought I had found the "one." I was in LOVE- big time. All I did was think about her and imagine how she would look on me.... and it was so hard just imagining.

Here she is, in all her glory, the Maggie Sottero dress that took my breath away..................

Brielle



Isn't she beautiful? Look at that satin... oh how I love.

Up next..... dress shopping, with pictures!

Do you fall in love with a dress before going out shopping? Did you end up sticking with the one you originally thought you wanted, or did you chose something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment