Monday, January 5, 2009

Thank-You: A Note to The Girls

I wanted a way to say thanks to my bridesmaids for agreeing to be in my wedding. At the same time, I needed to share some personal information with each of them because they don't all know each other and I figured they would need to discuss some things eventually. I also was dying to use my Gocco again. I decided to make the girls some cards to thank them and to introduce them to each other. I found some pretty paper at Michaels (they have quite the nice selection of paper and envelopes). I designed my cards at work (yep, at work- remember, I don't have a printer), printed out the design and was all set to go. I busted out my Gocco and began Goccoing!

The front of the card had a message to all of my bridesmaids- a thank you, and then the two inside panels were to inform the maids who else I had picked with a little blurb about each person and their contact e-mail address(I figured e-mail was easier for people who don't know each other that well). I found some images on istockphoto.com and used those as well. I was thinking my cards would come out really nicely.... but I had a little boo boo and I didn't know what it was at first......




My image came out SUPER splotchy and grainy.... see? I thought maybe it was the color of ink I had chosen and continued goccoing the insides of the cards.

The inside of the cards did not come out nicely either..... I had the SAME problem.



Splotchy image, very light, and I didn't know what I had done wrong! Don't get me wrong, it wasn't HORRIBLE, and the words (which are covered up) came out nicely... it was the images that I had problems with! I joined the flickr gocco group and posted my pics- asking for help deciding what went wrong... and the consensus was that... the screen didn't burn all the way through. I have since bought new bulbs and used those by accident instead of using up my "old" bulbs (that came with my gocco/that I'm not sure how old they are) and the new bulbs worked FANTASTICLY... so I have decided that the old bulbs are not up to par....

I had decided I wanted a different "type" of card, and I just cut out three cardstocks of the same size and then tied them together with a ribbon at the top. I also lined the cards by taking a small piece of cardboard I had and cutting it out to the pattern on the inside of the card (leaving enough room for the sticky part at the top). I cut out my pattern and traced it onto my fancy paper, cut it out, glued it in, and Viola! Cards and envelopes complete!

I decided they still came out pretty well(even with the not so perfect images), and decided to give them to the maids anyway, even though they were not perfect in my mind.


Did you complete a project and decide to keep it even though you felt it wasn't quite up to making the "cut"?

No comments:

Post a Comment