Friday, March 13, 2009

Inspir-cake-tion

I'm meeting with my Baker tomorrow. You would think I would be prepared for this, afterall, I already met with one. But, I'm not, because I'm indecisive. I still don't know what I want. What's a girl to do when she doesn't know what she wants?

Look for inspiration and become more confused of course!


I wish there was a magical place you could go to to look at cakes all day long. I'm sure there are some places like that, but I didn't know of any. And lets be honest, I really don't know the name of any bakers that are famous to look up their websites and portfolios. So I turned to the next best thing, Google images.

Google Images is great. You type in what you want and tons of images come up... of course you have to weed through them, but you can find some great things that way!


Here are some cakes that i'm currently interested in (in no particular order):

#1



#2




#3



#4 This one I think is a little too busy, so I would take out some of the stuff, and it's a little more non-traditional, but I kinda like it.


#5





I originally wanted a turquoise cake, but now i'm thinking it may be a little too much and that white is the way to go.

I just can't decide!

How did you decide on a cake design? Where did you find your inspiration from?


7 comments:

  1. Wow!
    These cakese are to die for.
    Soooo pretty!

    I havn't really looking into cakes yet.
    I think I am too overwhellmed with all the other details. haha

    Cakes are one of those things I am still meaning to get to. But, these cakes are so pretty...puts me in a cake mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been looking for cakes for awhile now.. well, really for ideas, because I wasn't sure what I wanted. And then one day, I just found a bunch I liked!

    ugh, there are so many overwhelming details. I'm sure you'll get to your cake in good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are some cake galleries, but I think google images is just as good. I also did searching on Flikr to find a lof ot "real" cakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, I did look on Flickr too. Love that site! However, alot of the cakes I liked, or wanted to show my baker were copywrited and I couldn't print them out-- and I'm better at describing it with a picture. haha. however, I do know that you can message the people on Flickr and ask for their permission to print, ect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like number 2! I like the last one as well...what is your setting? Since our venue is screaming nature..i had to go with something organic...simple... i would have loved a big dramatic white and black cake though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Nicole....This is our venue: http://www.fortwilliamhenry.com/Weddings/Photos.cfm

    but the pictures on the site are not good so you really can't tell what it looks like. FI took some photos of it but the flash wasn't on and they came out dark and you can't see what it looks like either.

    Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for such a nice and yummy post about pecock feather cakes and i think its is the best desings of peacock featrher cakses

    ReplyDelete