Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rest & Relaxation: Part I

The man and I had a seriously HARD time choosing a honeymoon location. We both wanted different things. Very, very different things.

While the man was daydreaming of Alaska, cruises, deep sea fishing, and bear hunting,



I was thinking something more like Hawaii, the tropics, romantic sunsets, beaches,and snorkeling.





Usually we agree on things, but Alaska was not the spot I wanted to go to after the long, COLD, snowy, hard winter we just had here in upstate NY. Not only that, but I didn't want to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. We have a boat that we go out on often in the summertime, and I sometimes feel trapped on it and I didn't want to have that trapped feeling out in the middle of the ocean. And while I think Alaska would be a beautiful spot to visit, I wasn't willing to go on our honeymoon. I do hope to go to Alaska someday and take in it's stunning beauty, just not this August.


The Man told me he didn't want to sit around on a beach all day, which I understand and had no intention of doing. I wanted to go somewhere different to explore it, not to park my butt on the beach the whole time we are there. Don't get me wrong, there will be some sort of relaxation on the beach, just not every second of every day. Once I told the Man I wasn't going to lob on the beach all day, he was totally down for a warmer vaca. Hawaii is somewhere I have ALWAYS wanted to go. Unfortunatly, since we are paying for our own wedding, Hawaii was slightly out of our budget -so it was out too. So there you have it, our top 2 choices, gone.


I made some other suggestions of different places but the Man didn't want to fly over the whole ocean to get to Italy, Greece, Ireland, or Australia(he has a fear of flying over the ocean and crashing). There are wars going on in Mexico which makes it uber unsafe for tourists right now.... so we were left with the dilema of where to go for rest and the ultimate relaxation.


We FINALLY narrowed it down to the Carribean, and in case you can't tell... that wasn't really "narrowing" since there are so many islands to choose from.


How easy was it for you to choose your honeymoon spot? Was your number one choice the same as your Significant Other's?

No comments:

Post a Comment