Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The List

Most debates occur over the list of invitees to the wedding. The man and I pretty much have had our list completed since, well, last October. Yeah, that's right. I had to bug him and bug him and bug him for the addresses on his side of the family, and then finally ask him mother for it since he wasn't producing it for me. But she sent it to me and I entered it, along with the names of people I was inviting, into an excel workbook.


I Love excel.

I figured our list making was over. Done. Complete.

I was wrong.

This past weekend, I decided to install my new printer on our computer. I should preface this by saying, if I haven't already said so, that I am electronically challenged. And what I mean by that is, everything electrical I touch, breaks. Yeah, you probably see where I'm going here now.

So there I am installing my new printer on the computer and after it had completed, it's not reading the usb cable so it's not reading the printer. I decide that if I restart the computer it should pick it up. So I restarted the computer, not thinking anything was wrong.

The computer shut down, but would not re-load. It would not start up. I have absolutely no IDEA what happened to it because it's less than 1 year old and shouldn't be having problems, but that's what happened.

After I played with it FOREVER trying to figure out the problem, the Man decided to use his windows recovery disk to fix the problem. And it did, somewhat. However, the problem lies in where I saved our list. I had saved it, along with some mock up invites and table numbers I was working on, on the C drive. Since we had to use the recovery disks the C drive was wiped out.

Disastrous! All is gone. The computer still isn't working correctly. Last night I tried to install excel again, and it wouldn't read the disk. I think we are going to have to have it looked at.

Have you experienced any disastrous setbacks along the way and how did you overcome your obstacles?

No comments:

Post a Comment