Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blessed

Marrying someone is a big step. Not only are you promising to love, cherish, honor and stand by this wonderful man for the rest of your life, but, you are also marrying into their family. Their family becomes part of your new family.

The Man's parents are the type of people who would gladly give you the shirt off their back if you looked like you were cold and it was -50 degrees outside and they didn't have another shirt for themselves. The Man's family is made up of two sisters along with his mother and father. All of them are exceptional people.

The Man's family doesn't have a ton of extra money laying around. They work hard for what they have. When we told them we were getting married and paying for the wedding ourselves, they of course, wanted to pitch in. We told them they could pay for the rehearsal dinner(something that the grooms family typically pays for) and they gladly accepted the task.

The Man's family picked a great spot for the rehearsal (I'll be blogging about soon) and have since continued to offer to pay for things. MIL already paid for our photographer and we thought combined with the rehearsal that that was more than enough. Last week MIL called the Man to find out the name of our DJ so she could pay for that too. The Man wouldn't tell her and neither will I. While I appreciate them wanting to pay for our vendors, I know it is slightly beyond their means to pay for all these things and I don't want to put a financial burden on them.

MIL was not pleased that the Man would not tell her what she wanted to know. It's hard for her because she IS so far away and she wants to be involved. I spoke with her last night and found out she sent money to the reception site because she knew I was planning on renting chair covers and she wanted to pay for them. She had offered to give me money for them before and I refused to accept it so she called them up and found out who to write the check to.

Don't get me wrong, I love that they are helping us pay for things- it's really sweet that they want to do these things for us, but I just feel guilty about it because I know they don't have a lot of extra hanging around. On the other hand MIL was so excited about it last night when she told me, I was glad she felt like she was a part of the planning.

So Thank you MIL and FIL we appreciate everything you are doing. Now, sit back and relax a little, you've paid for more than enough.

I feel so lucky and so blessed to be marrying into such a wonderfully sweet, giving and caring family especially because I know that doesn't happen to everyone. I couldn't have picked a better bunch myself. I already feel like they are part of my family but I can't wait until we make that legal. I am really looking forward to having them all be a part of my family after the wedding.

Do you get along with your future in laws like you are two peas in a pod?

No comments:

Post a Comment