Monday, June 29, 2009

Come on Show the Love

Can I even begin to say how much I LOVE my bridesmaids? They are fabulous, and because of that, I wanted to get them all a little somethin' somethin' for throwing my my bridal shower this past weekend.

Last week, I busted out my Gocco and got to work. Gocco and I have a love/hate relationship. seriously, some days I love it, some days I despise it... last week was all about loving it, but also hating it a lot. I wanted to make all 6 of them some note cards with their names on them. Which was not working out for me at first, but ended up turning out pretty good.

I had purchased some design from istockphoto and some of them did not work out at all with gocco. So that part was really frustrating, especially since blubls and screens for gocco are getting harder to find. However, I ended up purchasing some other designs after that worked much much better.

I don't have pictures of all the designs I used because I'm a bad blogger, but here is the first one on their stacks.


I also made them all some thank you cards.
I folded the cards (they each got 13) and added some pink envelopes and tied them together with a silver ribbon.

I got them all a foamburst from Bath and Body works as this is the most amazing product I've ever used and they were on super sale. I thought they girls could all use a little luxery in their lives.

I also made them all my amazing HUGE cookies that are like the big cookies you get in the coffee shops.

I had found some cute shape cut outs online and printed them along with messages for the girls.

Here they are all put together:

I got the bags from Target and pulled off the handles. I cut the toop of the bag with my scisors that hhad the wave design, stuck them closed with a glue dot. Then I cut some ribbon and placed it on the top to fancy it up a little, attached the Thank You sign, and a Pink Glitter letter for each of their names. I needed to differentiate them somehow since I made them notecards with their names on them!

I got some really great thank you's from the girls as they were not expecting anything.

My shower was wonderful, and I'll be blogging about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment