Saturday, June 13, 2009

I'm a two timer

and I think I like it.

No, I'm not crossing or cheating on anyone, but rather I do craft projects twice. I can't seem to love the projects I create on the first go around, but on the second try it's a different story.

I few weeks ago I took a guestbook I had gotten at Wal-Mart on the super cheap that looked like this

and I thought it was too plain so I turned it into this

and I wasn't completely happy with how the letters didn't match the ribbon perfectly but I was trying not to care. Last week I was in AC Moore and found the perfect HOT PINK glitter letters on sale for half off, so I thought I'd give it a try with those and this is the final product:

I LOVE how it came out. I think it's a lot better.


I peeled off the letters I had glued on with rubber Cement (totally didn't create the bond I was thinking it would, but I guess I'm glad) and Knew I needed to put something over the spot those letters were glued to (there was a letter outline in glue there) so I attached the Pink letters (the backs of them were sticky). Once I decided that I really liked them I re-enforced with some hot glue in spots where I needed it. Super easy and quick.

There is also the flip flops I did several time, the rehearsal dinner invites which I did twice before I got them right, the pomeanders I'm redoing because of the great flower drama (sigh- totally wouldn't have redone this one unless I had to). So you see, DIY is all about trial and error and then retrial. It eventually leads to success though and I do think it's totally worth it.

Have you rethought or redone any of your craft projects?

PS> I lost my battery charger for my new camera and the battery died, I've been taking all my pics on my old camera and although it's only a 4 megapixle and my new one is an 8, I think I like my how the pictures look from my old one better!

No comments:

Post a Comment