Monday, June 29, 2009

Check out the Love

This past Saturday was my Bridal Shower. I learned that:

I have such great friends and family that did way to much for me, I'm not photogenic at all and my 5 chins come out in candid photos, that it's really hard to get around and talk to everyone, that being the center of attention is not fun, and that madlibs are still my favorite game to play.

(L-R)Bridesmaids Partner in Crime, Mini-Me, Me, Bridesmaids College and Hot mama, and MOH Cooper. Bridesmaid Flirty couldn't make it as she's in Florida, but she was there in spirit.

My girls put together a shower for me at Lillian's restaurant in Saratoga. Although I live in Saratoga, I have never been to Lilians...so this was my first experience there.

We had the whole upstairs room to ourselves and there were windows that overlooked Saratoga that you could see out of, the upstairs was so cute you didn't even need to decorate. There was only one waitress waiting on us, so that was slightly annoying, but she was super nice.

My friends and family came to cellebrate with me and they spolied me silly:
Do you see the fabulous pink coach umbrella in the background the Maids used as deocration because they were "showering me with gifts"? That was the only decoration the Bridesmaids bought and it was given to me from the girls after the party. It was highly useful on Saturday because the whether was so rainy! Thanks girls, for being so cute!

MOH Cooper had a great idea and had Bridesmaid Partner in Crime on camera duty. They then gave me the photo card to keep with all the pictures on it. Sadly, I don't have a ton to share with you, as I take horrible (and I mean horrible)Candid shots.

The girls planned a great and fun shower for me and I couldn't have asked for a better day! MOH Cooper made a worksheet for everyone asking them to fill in the spots with thier favorite thing about me, favorite memory with me, advice to give me for married life, and a spot to tell me something on their own. After the guests filled the sheets out they were asked to put it into a scrapbook they had purchased and I now have them all. They are great keepsakes and funny to read through.

MOH also had a fun Mad Libs game set up. She found a Bridal mad libs online and used that for the story part. She then made a few index cards (with blanks to fill in such as adjective, adverb, etc.) and had each table fill out 1 card. She collected the cards and filled in the story. She then Read the whole thing to everyone. We were all dying of laughter and for some reason the "toe" was the favorite body part to use, as it was used about 3 times in the story. The mad Libs was great. i highly recomend to anyone.

We had a great lunch and then opened gifts.

People got us items off my registry that I had really wanted, but there were also a few unexpected gifts like this one from my mama:
yes, that is a PINK kitchen aid mixer. My lil' sis got us a whole bunch of Pink items made by kitchen aid to go with this. The man is not to happy about the all the pink! My aunt also got us a set of Pink pots and pans. The Man is never going to cook now.

I found that the unexpected gifts were my favorites of the day. The Man's Aunt who couldn't make the trip sent us a present that I think is just fantastic.

It's my new last name, and she took the pictures and made this herself.



My Crafty friend R also gave us something I will forever treasure:

You may recognize this as my invite, but she crafted it into a cool picture. How awesome right? She crafted MOH Cooper's invite 2 years ago, so secretely I was hoping she'd do the same for me. She didn't disapoint.

Thanks girls for throwing me a great shower!!!

My favorite gifts were the ones you can't put a price tag on. What was your favorite gift from your shower?

2 comments:

  1. How great! So many thoughtful gifts. I have always wanted one of those name pictures. That is neat. And the framed invitation...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sport watch will most likely come having a rubber strap that can be worn inside the rain if necessary.
    This must be available to you from the seller and definately will include the matching serial
    number, as well as the original warranty. This particular brand inherits a very rich legacy of innovation and
    precision.

    Also visit my web-site watches-bestprice.com

    ReplyDelete