Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Rehearsal Dinner

We lucked out with my Future In Laws willing to plan and pay for our rehearsal dinner. Since we are paying for the wedding ourselves, this was a welcome break. Future MIL planned something I never in a million years thought she would. She planned our rehearsal dinner to be something that really fit us. She definitely went outside her comfort zone and planned and thought outside of the box.

Our rehearsal is going to be on a boat from the Lake George Steamboat Company, that will go around Lake George while we are dinning. They rented out a whole floor of the boat for little old us and about 50 of our friends. Okay, so 50 people is a lot, but because it's on a boat, we needed to meet a minimum requirement of people so Future MIL wanted to extend the invite to some additional people. We invited our whole wedding party and their SO's so that already added up to about 26 people plus two of us so making the 50 mark was pretty easy. We invited my parents and grandparents, and a bunch of people on the Man's side that he grew up with or were important to him.

That's when I decided we needed Invitations for the rehearsal and since FMIL needed a head count, I am having people RSVP to her.

But really, I wanted a chance to bust out my Gocco and do some fun projects on it and this was the perfect opportunity.

I bought an image off of Istockphoto and went to town creating my invite. First I used some fancy scissors I had laying around to cut out a wave-like pattern on the top. Next, I burned a screen and Gocco-ed the image onto the pearlescent white cardstock I had leftover. After it dried, I used my paper cutter to trim the invite down a little.

I then gocco-ed the words and sprinkled clear embossing powder over the black words and turquoise embossing powder over our names. When I was ready I used my embossing gun to emboss and raise all the wording. I love how that came out.



Closer look**Please excuse the white splotch, these photo's are edited to prevent personal info from being viewed they aren't really there.


I decided I wanted to add a little pizazz and got out my acrylic paint. I placed a plastic cup upside down on the table and balance my invite ontop. I carefully used a spongy brush to paint the sides pink. I think they came out super good, and I love the assed pink!

Was there a project you really enjoyed creating? What was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment