Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I.Don't.Care.

Invitaions = hell. Anyone else feeling me on this?

Okay, I'm lying. The invitation part wasn't the horrible part. The horrible part is the part where you decide you can write out the envelopes for all your guests (and I don't even have that many) and try various different methods in hopes of having the perfectly prettied up envelope that looks something like this*

*these are not my beautiful envelopes


only to get the same crappy result that is soooo not usable and add another wasted envelope to the pile. *sigh*

I'm not going to say I didn't try. Because. I. Did. a lot. I tried various methods. All ended the same way with me grimacing as I looked over the poor envelope that I had just banished to the envelope graveyard. All were failures. I was having some serious issues. And then I got scarred that if I kept having issues the envelopes would never get addressed and at the rate I was going I would not even have enough envelopes to address (and there was no way I was about to buy more)!

Hand writing was not working for me. And I couldn't handle the pressure. I got annoyed wasting so many of my pretty envelopes that I spent money on and I decided the best thing ever.

Let it go. just let it go. So I did. And all of a suddden I just keep thinking I. Don't. Care.

Really, I don't. okay, well, I cared that I got the addressing done and completed, but I didn't care how it happened at this point.

I threw my etiquette guide out the window and took the less traveled road(although not as unheard of nowdays).

I went online and downloaded Freebooter Script font, got out my handy new printer, made an envelope template on microsoft word and got to work typing and printing the addresses on the envelopes.

Yes, you heard right. I PRINTED right on my envelopes with my printer.



and I. Don't.Care.

I actually really think they came out great. I turned the font size up to 48 and used bold and I think it actually kind of looks like someone wrote them out. I decided that no one besides the bride stresses about such dumb things as an envelope and neither am I.

So if you get one in the mail and notice I didn't hand write the address, don't take offense. I tried, I did, but this is way better.

Have any of you printed your envelopes instead of hand writing?

2 comments:

  1. Hell Yes!!!
    I stressed so much about my decision to print clear labels. Everything told me this was so bad and tacky...but my common sense told me that people THROW OUT all the envelopes and it is nuts to drive yourself crazy for no reason and pay EXTRA to have someone hand write something that people will throw in the trash. My clear labels look fab and I am trying to just let go of all "rules" crap...I mean REALLY? Do we honestly live in an Emily Post world anymore? I think not! This is 2009 and people own printers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sista. I really don't think anyone notices the envelope or remembers if it was hand written or printed. Congrats for throwing the rules out and printing like me. I'm sure they look great!

    ReplyDelete