Thursday, July 16, 2009

And then there were Two

In some of my previous posts you may have read about my struggle to find enough Pink Lillies to finish my Silk Pomander project. Well, as you know, there was no happy ending. No more pink lillies were found at any of the AC Moore Stores in the US. Their flower selections are still scarce in the stores, and there are no pink lillies, I have them all.

I wanted two pomanders, so I decided if I made them smaller, I'd be able to have two. I bought two smaller paper lanterns (12") instead of the 16" I had already started.

This week I began the painfull task of dismantaling the ones I had. I was pretty upset that I had to do this. However, I did end up with enough flowers to complete two of these and they came out fabulous. I'm not going to go over the steps again, but I am going to show you the finished project.Look at them, sitting there, all beautiful. While not as impressive as the 16" ones I previously started and had to give up, these came out great and they will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment