Monday, July 27, 2009

Carried Away?

In trying to come up with some creative ideas to decorate the Gazebo where our ceremony will take place, I found something from Martha Stewart that I really liked.


I thought a couple of these lanterns paired with the lilly pomanders I already made would be the perfect touch.



I printed out some butterfly templates, laminated them, traced them onto cardstock and cut out tons o butterflys....

I bought these lanterns on sale because I really liked the cherry blossom design and thought it would go well. I busted out my hot glue gun and glued the butterflys on. I apparently forgot how the Martha Stewart ones looked.

Here is the finished product:


I'm actually not sure how I feel about these. I may or may not use them. I feel like there are a little too many butterfly's on the lantern, but I'm not sure... what do you guys think? Yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment