Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shop 'till you drop (part 1)

I have been browsing online for rehearsal dresses forever. Originally I thought I wanted a black and white dress and I found the most beautiful one at White House Black market. I waited too long to purchase it and it's no longer available. *boo* I can't even post a picture of it because I can't find it. anywhere.

Since then I've been looking online all over the place for the perfect dress. I have found a few that I thought may work
I really Liked this pink one from Nordstrom's...


but I don't have a Nordstroms near me so that I can try it on. And since the wedding is in three weeks I don't feel comfortable purchasing at such a late time. And despite the fact that I thought it was pretty, something was missing.

So I ventured out to the world of shopping today in search of the perfect dress for the rehearsal and some cool honeymoon gear.

I brought my mother along to help and we literally shopped all day long. It.was.great.

Our Journey started at Macys where I purused the dress section and picked up several dresses before spoting a really cute purple dress with rosettes on it. Of course, this particular dress was not on sale like all the others that were in my arms, and it was quite a bit more than I wanted to spend, but there was something about it that said, "try me! try me!" so i added it to the bunch I already had.

We headed over to the dressing room hoping to find the "one" early on in the day. I tried on my mothers favorite dress and it looked okay, but I had another dress on my mind....

I wanted to try on the purple dress next. My mother hadn't seen me pick it up and giggled at it as she saw it on the hangar. She was not a fan. However, when I put it on, it looked really fantastic! She had to agree that it looked really great.

I didn't want to spend the money on it, so I decided to keep trying other dresses. All the other dresses I tried on there did not even come close to how I felt with that purple dress. So, not wanting to give in and splurge on it just yet, I had them "hold" it for me, so I could continue looking in the mall for something fantastic and within my budget.

I tried on a TON of dresses, all different styles, shapes, colors, and nothing, nothing even came close to matching the purple one. I just couldn't get it out of my head.

I don't think I've ever considered spending that much on one single dress before in my life. Granted, it wasn't a HUGE amount per say, just more than I wanted to spend, but for the way it made me look and feel, I decided I needed to splurge this one time. I think it will be the perfect dress for the rehearsal, and it's such a lightweight material (silk) that I can even bring it to Jamaica on the honeymoon for some fun there too.

I will definately get my money's worth out of it.

Here is my beauty. It really doesn't look like much in the picture, but it is FABULOUS when it is on. I swear. It's perfect and I don't regret the splurge at all.

What in your wedding has caused you to splurge?

No comments:

Post a Comment