Thursday, July 9, 2009

Love grows

Please excuse my blogging absesnce. I had hurt myself last weekend and I'm finally beginning to feel slightly better.... so that means I should be able to work on some more crafting projects soon and will be able to post about them next week hopefully. In the mean time....
I had heard about some wedding ring bowls people were using instead of a ringbearer pillow. I instantly fell in love with the idea of a ring bowl instead of a pillow. What the heck was I going to do with an all-to-expensive pillow after the wedding anyway? Now a bowl, a ring bowl, could be useful even AFTER the wedding.



I first saw a picture/heard about ring bowls from weddingbee when I saw one of the "bees" blog about a site called Etsy and a seller, Paloma's Nest. I instantly clicked on the link provided and checked out her stuff. Love was the first word that came to mind, Need was the second one.


Since my wedding was months and months and months away at that point, I happily bookmarked paloma's nest and promised myself I'd go back and visit often.


And I did. And I noticed that the more and more and more Paloma's Nest was blogged about on weddingbee, the more the prices for the ring bowls went up. *sigh* Such is supply and demand. I have nothing against raising prices, but it is a bit of a downer when you're planning on spending a certain amount on a ring bowl, and then the price keeps increasing.

With a few months to go 'till the wedding, I decided it was time to stop drooling and to purchase my lovely. When I went to Palomas Nest to buy it, I was suprised at how much the price had increased. So I did what any resourceful bride would do, I began looking around for something similar on Etsy.

I came across another site, Love Grows By Giving, which had very similar ring bowls more at the price I wanted to spend. However, I wanted something specific that wasn't on her site. I signed in, and convo'ed her asking if she could do a bowl with a certain phrase and our names going along the circumference of the bowl, with our date in the middle. She was a pleasure to work with. Although she said it would take a month for the bowl to be made and shipped over from Singapore, it arrived very quickly, and although it was slightly smaller than I thought it would be, it was perfect.

I changed the ribbon out to be pink and made it ours completely. I love me some Etsy!

What Etsy items are you currently drooling over?

No comments:

Post a Comment