Monday, July 20, 2009

Gifting the Girlies- Part 2

My girls all know what one of their gifts is. I just couldn't help myself and I told them. haha. Technically, I didn't want them to spend money on their jewelery since I was planning on having it made. So I told them I was taking care of their jewelery so that they wouldn't waste their money on it.

Although they know what their big gift is, they have no idea what it looks like. And I'd like to keep it that way.If you are one of my bridesmaids, you are not allowed to click on the "read more" link.



Let's start with the Jewelery boxes. After scouring online for some super cool hot pink or turquoise boxes with no luck, I bought them all at the $1 store. Oh yeah. The pink and turquoise boxes were white when I bought them. I painted them with acrylic paint. 2 coats did the trick. I bought the pink ribbon at Walmart and adhered it to the boxes with double sided tape. I then added the little pink bows (which was also a $1 store find).

Inside each box you will find a Jewelery set containing one set of earrings and one necklace. I had the jewelery made with Swarovski Round 6mm beads in Clear AB and Blue Zircon AB that I scored on ebay for a lot cheaper than any bead store. The round swarovski beads were a lot pricier than the bicone beads you usually see, but I wanted something differen--- something special for my girls. I hope they find many uses for their jewelery after my wedding. I seriously want a set for myself.

There is a 10mm Clear Ab drop pendant (I forget what the name of the exact shape was, and it doesn't show up very well, but it is there looking beautiful).



The earrings are made out of a cluster of Swarovski crystals dangling from some o rings and some fabulous squiggly findings I found on ebay.

I got lucky on the jewelery front. My little sister (bridesmaid mini-me) recently became interested in making jewelery (last year) and I simply asked her if she might be interested in making the jewels for me. She said yes. I told her she would obviously know what he gift looked like, and she didn't care. I knew she'd do a good job and she was easy to work with. I simply told her what I wanted the necklaces to look like and she made me 4 samples to choose from(they were all so good it was hard to choose). For the earrings, I asked her if she knew how to make the clusters,and she admitted that she didn't but she'd try, and they came out awesome! So I told her to make them all like that. She does good work doesn't she?

I have one more surprise for the girls, but I probably won't blog about that until after the wedding.

What did you gift for your girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment