Thursday, July 23, 2009

A soft glow

I wanted to add a bit of color to the tables. Along with our centerpiece, I wanted a soft glow, something a candle could give. I thought of floating candles, but I've never been a huge fan of those. They just weren't me enough.

Then I thought of votive candles, but thought that those can tend to be boring. I did a search for colorful votive holders and found some hot pink ones for an amazing price. I added them to my cart but then I just couldn't push the proceed button. Something was missing, something wasn't right, and I passed up the deal because I couldn't make up my mind.


After all that, I decided I DID want votives on the table, but I wanted them my way. The votive holders you could purchase were not going to be what my votive holders had to look like.


I decided to buy some clear votive holders and dress them up.

I went to AC Moore and bought some iridescent velum and a hot pink stamp pad. I bought two different stamps off of ebay, one with cherry blossoms and one with butterflys.

I stamped the velum with the two different patterns and let it dry for days.

I took one of the votive holders and traced around it with a piece of paper and created a template to use. I traced the template onto a thicker piece of cardstock and used this as my pattern for cutting the votive wrappers out.

I couldn't get great pictures of the finished product because of the flash that I can't seem to turn off of my camera (sorry guys) but this is what they looked like in the end.








Have you decided to dress up something you thought was a little plain?

No comments:

Post a Comment