Thursday, July 23, 2009

The calm before the storm

With a little over two weeks until the wedding (I can't believe how fast it snuck up on me) and about a million things to do still I'm feeling really...............................................................................

CALM.

I was expecting to feel more frazzled, to be in more of a frenzy trying to get things done at this point, but I find myself extremely and surprisingly calm during this time.

I had a few freak outs months ago complete with insomnia and major stress so I was expecting the last few weeks before the wedding to be like that, only worse.

Boy am I glad it's not.

I find myself feeling very content which I think is leading to the calm feeling. I decided after the invitations that I was just not going to care as much anymore [about the little things] and I really found a sense of serenity in that. Ever since that day, the stress has been gone.

Despite the fact that the knot checklist I have says I have over 100 things to still "do," I have this calmness that has washed over and encompassed me. I can't help but wonder if it is the calm before the "storm." Everyone talks about how stressful the last few weeks are and I can't help but wonder why I feel the exact opposite way!

I absolutely can not wait to marry this man. I'm so excited I think I might burst. I know I'm making the right decision and I can not wait to begin this new chapter in our lives together. It is so hard for me to think that in a few weeks we will be husband and wife. After planning the day for so long and wishing it would be here even longer, it finally is[almost]!

As you get closer to your wedding date, how are you feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment